The San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District is offering an excellent training and fire experience for individuals interested in a career working for a fire department. The District is accepting applications for the position of Volunteer Communication Reserve. This is a volunteer/non-paid position. Applications are being accepted on a continuous basis, but candidates are encouraged to apply early as this recruitment may close at any time.
Volunteer Communication Reserves are an important part of the District's operations. Their dedication and commitment to the District contribute to the overall success and safety of the Organization and staff by enhancing the communication and support functions in both times of emergency and on a routine basis. Volunteer Communication Reserves do not perform firefighting functions, or other functions that are normally performed by career District personnel.
The duties consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Fire support duties as assigned, including rehabilitation duties during fire incidents
- Provide support during mutual aid response, including track resources.
- Assist with logistical Situation/Resource Status support
- Distribute and recover radio equipment (Cache radios and other equipment)
- Operate radio equipment at incidents
- Provide telephone and fax support at incidents and during emergencies
- Assist with the Mobile Command Post and Breathing Support Unit, including setup, operation, shutdown and rehabilitation (upon completion of training)
- Drive Communications Support and Breathing Support Units, including setup, startup and shutdown/rehabilitation (upon completion of the appropriate license, certification, and training requirements)
- Responsible for the inspection and care, including reporting maintenance issues through the appropriate channels, of the Mobile Communications and Breathing Support Units
- Assist in Community Events
- Other duties as assigned
ORIENTATION AND TRAINING (provided by the District)
The Volunteer Communications Reserve Orientation and Training will include the following:
- First Aid
- Basic safety briefings
- Review of District policies
- Equipment familiarization
- Safety/Equipment drills
- Basic Incident Command System
- Correct use of PPE
This is a continuous posting. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply early as this recruitment may close at any time. Candidates must apply online through GovernmentJobs.com. No paper applications will be accepted. Selected candidates will be invited to a panel interview on a rolling basis.
As part of the recruitment process, candidates who successfully complete the assessment process and receive conditional acceptance into the volunteer program will be required to successfully pass a medical examination, including drug screening, and a background check, including credit report.