Deadline to apply: Open Until Filled - First Review of Applications is Tuesday, February 20, 2018
The City of San Ramon is recruiting for a full-time Human Resources Analyst position in the Human Resources & Central Services Division. This is a professional level, exempt position that supports the entire city organization. Under general supervision of the Human Resources Manager, this person will performs a variety of professional human resources duties including: recruitment and selection, classification, compensation, training, benefits and leave management, workers’ compensation, safety, risk management, and/or employee and labor relations. This position also provides analytical support to City management and supervisory staff and performs a variety of other related duties as assigned. This position requires discretion to work with confidential and sensitive issues on a regular basis.
The Ideal Human Resources Analyst Candidate
- Has a welcoming, professional and personable demeanor;
- Is analytical, technical and resourceful in nature;
- Has broad knowledge and experience within a variety of HR functions;
- Has the ability to stay abreast of legislative and benefit changes;
- Has the ability to effectively communicate with managers, employees, carriers and providers;
- Is self-motivated with the ability to anticipate needs and take on projects and tasks that need to be completed;
- Has a flexible approach to the job with the ability to quickly reprioritize work as needed to accomplish goals;
- Is highly organized with excellent follow-up and follow-through skills; and
- Has 3 - 5 years of increasingly responsible professional-level human resources experience with a public agency.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with major coursework in business, public administration, human resources, or a related field; and
- At least two years of professional-level Human Resources experience.
- Work experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year for year basis.
The City's excellent benefit package includes: CalPERS retirement; medical, dental and vision plans; 12 days of vacation and 12 days of sick leave accrued annually; 10.5 paid holidays; 2 floating holidays; adoption benefits; short and long term disability; employee assistance program; group and supplemental life insurance; and a retiree health savings plan.
Please visit www.sanramon.ca.gov/employ/images/matrix.pdf for more information.
The Selection Process
Interested individuals must apply online at www.calopps.org. The most qualified applicants, as determined by initial screening of applications and responses to supplemental questions, will be invited to an oral board interview, which is tentatively scheduled for the week of March 5, 2018.
Official Job Classification
The City of San Ramon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex origin or disability. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, should special accommodations be necessary at any stage of the selection process, please contact the Human Resources Division at (925) 973-2523. Information contained herein is subject to change without notice.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. The recruitment may close without notice as soon as a sufficient number of qualified applications are received.