Under the direction of assigned Site Supervisor, this position is responsible for handling all monetary transactions at the pool facility and dealing with the public.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES
- Cash handling; receive and give change correctly.
- Serve pool patrons courteously.
- Assist in the opening and closing of pool facility.
- Ensure that the office area is clean and free of all safety hazards before and after the pool closes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Basic math skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish) ability preferred.
- Communicate effectively with children and adults.
- Plan and carryout assigned activities.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Completion of the 10th Grade.
- Must possess a valid First Aid certificate prior to start of program.
TUBERCULOSIS TESTING: Candidates selected to work in a position requiring contact with children must submit a certificate or notice documenting that within the last two years they have been examined and found to be free of communicable tuberculosis. The certificate or notice must be signed by a licensed examining physician or public health agency.
CONCUSSION TRAINING: Candidates selected to work in a position requiring contact with children are required to annually complete concussion training as required by CA AB2007. Free training and certification is available online at:
Applications received by the filing date will be reviewed for accuracy, completeness and job-related qualifications. A limited number of persons whose applications clearly demonstrate they most closely meet the requirements may be invited to participate in the selection process - which may be any combination of written, oral and/or performance exams. Before starting work, applicants must present documentation of their identity and authorization to work in the United States.
Applications are available at City Hall, 1700 7th Street, Sanger, CA 93657 or on the City’s web site at www.ci.sanger.ca.us. Applications must be complete and received prior to the filing deadline. POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. All statements made on the application are subject to verification; false statements will be cause for disqualification or discharge.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WOMEN, MINORITIES & HANDICAPPED INDIVIDUALS ARE
ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Note: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice. Questions regarding this announcement may be directed to the City of Sanger Personnel Department.