Are you interested in a challenging position working for an organization making a difference for people in your community? Are you a “people person” who enjoys helping others and being part of a collaborative team? The award-winning Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) is seeking talented individuals to join our Housing Department; Asset Management and Compliance Division.
We are currently seeking applicants for an Asset Management Specialist to join our Asset Management Team. The position reports to the Asset Manager and will be responsible for a portfolio of affordable housing properties in the Santa Clara County. Some responsibilities will include ensuring the assets' physical and financial integrity; maintaining compliance with financial regulations; overseeing property operations through a third party Management Company, and financial analysis of each asset. As an Owner representative this role will serve as a liaison with internal and external stakeholders in efforts to enhance asset values and provide positive resident experiences.
TO VIEW JOB ANNOUNCEMENT, CLICK ON THE 'JOB ANNOUNCEMENT URL' BELOW.
- Oversees the Agency’s asset management portfolio and the work of third party property management firms to ensure compliance with current Federal, State, Agency, and housing program regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Performs regular property and unit inspections; assists in the preventative, long-term, and emergency maintenance of portfolio assets; observes and reports on physical condition; performs exterior, unit and tenant file inspections; prepares recommendations for capital improvement needs to ensure property condition is maintained in a healthful and safe manner.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual budget reviews and narratives on various properties, and ensures financial reports are reliable and accurate.
- Executes status reports and monthly monitoring reports to ensure program requirements are being met within the portfolio.
- Develops action plans to address any identified compliance risks and works with management to guarantee the action plan developed is executed.
- Obtains, analyzes and interprets and implements new and existing regulatory agreements to ensure compliance and program guidelines throughout all sites.
- Coordinates and attends compliance inspections with outside monitoring agencies; notifies staff of pending inspections; coordinates and ensures sites are prepared for audit and responds to any questions or items sited during the inspection.
An associate degree with coursework in accounting, finance, business administration, construction management or a related field; and three (3) years of experience performing asset management real estate development, property management, and/or construction project management. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Licenses and Certifications: Possession of or the ability to obtain and retain a valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency.
If you are looking for a professional challenge addressing affordable housing – one of the most significant problems in the Bay Area – and want to be part of a collaborative, innovative organization that is building a better Silicon Valley, then apply today!
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation, retirement, educational tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we operate on a 9/80 work schedule where employees have a paid day off every other Friday. (Monday through Thursday is a nine (9) hour day and the Friday that is worked is an eight (8) hour day).
Interested applicants must complete a standard application form. Applications and resumes may be submitted via our website at www.scchousingauthority.org. For assistance: please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 993-2934.
This agency is not using CalOpps to accept online applications for this recruitment. By clicking on the Job Announcement URL below, you will be taken to a different site that is used by this agency for collecting applications. That site will require you to create a login. Please note that this login is not in any way tied to your CalOpps login.