As one of the largest providers of affordable housing in the Bay Area and a designated Moving To Work (MTW) agency, the award-winning Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) is seeking talented individuals looking to make a difference in Silicon Valley. SCCHA is an independent local government agency that administers the federal Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program for approximately 19,000 households and manages more than 2,000 units of affordable housing in Santa Clara County.
If you are looking to help solve one of the most significant problems in the Bay Area and want to be part of a collaborative, innovative organization dedicated to building a better Silicon Valley, then apply today!
We are seeking applicants for a Housing Programs Supervisor to plan, schedule, assign, and review the work of support staff assigned to rental assistance and affordable housing programs within the Housing Department of the Santa Clara County Housing Authority (Agency), including case management, eligibility determination, and other technical and program support functions; ensures effective program administration and technical compliance with all applicable Federal, State, local, Agency, and program regulations, policies, procedures, and requirements; fosters cooperative working relationships among Agency departments and acts as a liaison with various community, public, and regulatory agencies; and performs related work as required.
This is the full supervisory-level class in the housing programs series. Incumbents are responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of assigned staff. Performance of the work requires the use of considerable independence, initiative, and discretion within established guidelines. Responsibilities include performing diverse, specialized, and complex work involving significant accountability and decision-making responsibility, involving frequent contact with the public. This class is distinguished from the Housing Programs Manager in that the latter has overall responsibility and oversight of all housing programs and services.
TO VIEW JOB ANNOUNCEMENT, CLICK ON THE 'JOB ANNOUNCEMENT URL' BELOW.
- Plans, organizes, assigns, supervises, and reviews the work of assigned staff; selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned staff, mentors and provides feedback to correct deficiencies, engages in succession planning and leadership development and implements discipline and termination procedures.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, standards, policies and procedures; develops and implements internal mechanisms for the continuing review of programs administered by the Team; recommends improvements and modifications and prepares various reports on program activities and projects.
- Assists in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards, and administrative control systems for an assigned rental assistance and affordable housing program or functional area, such as Section 8 Program eligibility, leasing, occupancy, and/or rental increases.
- Determines and recommends staffing needs for assigned program activities and projects; maintains a variety of records and prepares routine reports of work performance.
- Responds to escalated client, resident, and/or landlord questions, concerns, complaints, and issues; explains program requirements, operations, and procedures.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation, retirement, educational tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we operate on a 9/80 work schedule where employees have a paid day off every other Friday. (Monday through Thursday is a nine (9) hour day and the Friday that is worked is an eight (8) hour day).
Interested applicants must complete a standard application form. Applications and resumes may be submitted via our website at www.scchousingauthority.org. For assistance; please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 993-2934.