Under general supervision, coordinates and administers assigned human resources programs including recruitment and selection, employee benefits administration, leave of absence administration, job analysis and classification, compensation, workers’ compensation, safety, performance management, and general human resources administration; coordinates and serves as a liaison for assigned programs, projects, and activities with other Santa Clara County Housing Authority (Agency) departments, outside agencies, and the general public; performs related work as required.
Incumbents at this level are capable of performing the full range of duties in support of assigned human resources programs such as recruitment and selection, classification, compensation, benefits administration, leave of absence administration, performance management, safety, and/or worker’s compensation, in addition to performing a variety of record-keeping, administrative, and technical support activities. The work has technical and programmatic aspects, requiring the interpretation and application of policies, procedures, and regulations and involving frequent contact with staff and the public, as well as performing various research functions. Employees at this level are required to be fully trained in all procedures related to the assigned area(s) of responsibility and function with a high degree of independent judgment and initiative.
TO VIEW JOB ANNOUNCEMENT, CLICK ON THE 'JOB ANNOUNCEMENT' LINK ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER OF THIS PAGE.
Interested applicants must complete a standard application form. Applications and resumes may be submitted via our website at www.scchousingauthority.org. For assistance: please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 993-2934.
Education and Experience:
An associate degree in human resources management or related field; and three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience administering or supporting the administration of human resources programs.
Licenses and Certifications:
Possession of or the ability to obtain and retain a valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency.
- Coordinates the recruitment and selection process, including preparing and posting job announcements, screening applications/resumes, scheduling interviews, administering and overseeing the testing process, conducting employment reference and background checks, negotiating job offers, preparing offer letters, initiating the on-boarding process, and preparing and conducting new hire orientations.
- Processes all personnel actions such as new hires, promotions, terminations, resignations, and retirements.
- Administers multi-tiered employee benefits programs that include plans such as retirement, long-term disability, health, life, dental, vision, employee assistance program, and workers’ compensation; coordinates open enrollment; audits benefits programs, policies, and processes; develops recommendations for process improvements and to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Responds to employee and retiree questions and complaints, and may interface with medical insurance provides and insurance representatives.
- Coordinates employee exit process including conducting and providing required paperwork.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation, retirement, educational tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we operate on a 9/80 work schedule where employees have a paid day off every other Friday. (Monday through Thursday is a nine (9) hour day and the Friday that is worked is an eight (8) hour day).
Application: Apply today and become a member of the Agency that is a leader in making a difference! To be considered for this position, all applicants must complete the entire application and submit a resume and cover letter.