As one of the largest providers of affordable housing in the Bay Area and a designated Moving To Work (MTW) agency, the award-winning Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) is seeking talented individuals looking to make a difference in Silicon Valley. SCCHA is an independent local government agency that administers the federal Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program for approximately 19,000 households and manages more than 2,000 units of affordable housing in Santa Clara County.
If you are looking to help solve one of the most significant problems in the Bay Area and want to be part of a collaborative, innovative organization dedicated to building a better Silicon Valley, then apply today!
Client Support and Outreach Representative
Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Salary: $33.84 - $45.35/hourly DOQ
Under general supervision, provides prompt, courteous, general and technical support, and outreach duties; assists clients to navigate and effectively use software applications, including the Applicant Portal, Tenant Portal, and the Owner Portal as well as other electronic agency products and websites as applicable. Provides general technical support to clients, in person or via telephone, of the Santa Clara County Housing Authority (Agency); identifies software application outreach needs for the Agency’s clients and stakeholders; hosts and coordinates community outreach, workshops and trainings to applicable software users to promote the Agency’s goals related to the software applications; and performs related work as required.
This is a journey-level classification, in which the incumbent is responsible for hosting, coordinating community outreach, workshops and trainings to promote Agency goals related to the software applications, receives and processes clients request for assistance with software applications used in the Housing Department, including the Applicant Portal, Tenant Portal, and the Owner Portal. The Client Support and Outreach Representative receives only occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arise and is fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit to which assigned and functions with a high degree of independent judgment and initiative.
- Provides phone and in person support to clients who have questions or need assistance to navigate and effectively use the following software applications: Applicant Portal, Tenant Portal, and the Owner Portal as well as other electronic agency products and websites as applicable.
- Maintains SCCHA website related to the Section 8 program.
- Receives and evaluates requests for service, diagnoses problems, troubleshoots and implements remedial actions, researches documentation and determines solution, and resolves problems with software, security and accesses controls, and systems issues; including creating accounts and resetting passwords, documents and escalates issues to specialized or higher-level staff and/or vendor for resolution as appropriate.
- Receive, review and provide technical expertise with special cases and investigative reports, evaluate reports and issue official action, conduct or participate in informal administrative hearings as required.
- Writes and maintains user and technical operating instructions and documentation; provides training to users on software applications usage, basic computer/smart device navigation, and security practices and advise on best practices.
- Maintains information on scheduled systems maintenance, including upgrades and outages; informs users as needed.
- An associate degree with coursework in computer science, information systems or related field and two (2) years of experience providing software application, customer desktop support.
Licenses and Certifications:Possession of or the ability to obtain and retain a valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation, retirement, educational tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we operate on a 9/80 work schedule where employees have a paid day off every other Friday. (Monday through Thursday is a nine (9) hour day and the Friday that is worked is an eight (8) hour day).
Interested applicants must complete a standard application form. Applications and resumes may be submitted via our website at www.scchousingauthority.org. For assistance: please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 993-2934.
This agency is not using CalOpps to accept online applications for this recruitment. By clicking on the Job Announcement URL below, you will be taken to a different site that is used by this agency for collecting applications. That site will require you to create a login. Please note that this login is not in any way tied to your CalOpps login.