Are you a motivated, energetic, and creative individual interested in working for an agency making a difference for people in Santa Clara County? Are you detail-oriented yet able to understand the big picture? The award-winning Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) is looking for talented individuals to be a part of a collaborative, innovative organization dedicated to making homes and growing communities in Santa Clara County.
We are currently seeking applicants for a Database Administrator position in the Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Assistant Director of IT and Facilities, the Database Administrator will perform high-level database and application management and planning to ensure reliability, resilience and expandability to meet current and future business needs and organizational goals. The Database Administrator actively participates and collaborates with Housing operations by providing leadership and vision for maximizing the organization’s investment in its core, foundational housing workflow product. The responsibilities include leading and facilitating technical and functional operations for Section 8 technology, software/application and associated interfaces. This position will own Section 8 database security in compliance with SCCHA policy, provide physical and virtual model recommendations and manage escalation support for Section 8 technology products.
TO VIEW JOB ANNOUNCEMENT, CLICK ON THE 'JOB ANNOUNCEMENT URL' BELOW.
This is a journey-level which receives general supervision from Assistant Director of Information Technology and Facilities and provides technical direction and guidance to lower level classifications. The Database Administrator coordinates with Information Technology staff, Elite Project Manager, and Housing Department staff to plan, organize, and accomplish high-level technical tasks, projects and has technical and programmatic aspects requiring interpretation and application of policies and procedures pertaining to Section 8 processes and technology. Responsibilities require the use of tact, discretion, and independent judgment and to have full and thorough knowledge of the concepts, practices, procedures, and policies of database and application management. This position is distinguished from the Database Analyst by the authority to assemble project teams, the discretion to prioritize problems and facilitate resolutions, and provide leadership and guidance to others, and have subject matter expertise in high-level visioning and coordinating of viable solutions for Section 8 technology.
- Provide expert insight and planning of database and application infrastructure with SCCHA Information Technology; integration of data and application functionality with other specialized applications; monitoring and administration of overall Section 8 system technical operations to ensure enterprise-level redundancy, availability, reliability, and security.
- Develops database program and project scope, descriptions, and implementation plans; assesses feasibility of program and project implementation and impact to Agency programs, operations, and services; consults with Agency staff, management, and outside agencies; develops recommendations for operational, policy, and/or procedural changes; participates in program and project implementation and monitoring of activities.
- Leadership in ensuring high-quality reporting and data analysis platforms are available to SCCHA operations; identifying and proactively planning for opportunities to expand reporting and data services.
- Skill in analyzing existing roadblocks and inefficiencies in software functionality; strong ability to develop thorough strategies to address gaps in software usage and collaborate with SCCHA staff to implement collaborative solutions.
- Ability to verbally assist Information Technology staff as needed in installation, evaluation, configuration, operation, troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrade, and migration of computer hardware, software, servers, networks, and other technologies and equipment.
- Facilitate and lead design and process improvement sessions to identify business and user needs; maintain current understanding of trends and innovations; research, evaluate, and recommend modifications, enhancements, and technologies; maintain, revise, or improve operations and systems based on independent evaluation and user feedback.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in information systems, computer science, or a related field; five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in database and application administration.
Preferred: Understanding of public housing operations; experience with Emphasys Elite or substantially similar housing software.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation, retirement, educational tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we operate on a 9/80 work schedule where employees have a paid day off every other Friday. (Monday through Thursday is a nine (9) hour day and the Friday that is worked is an eight (8) hour day).
Interested applicants must complete a standard application form. Applications and resumes may be submitted via our website at www.scchousingauthority.org. For assistance: please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 993-2934.
This agency is not using CalOpps to accept online applications for this recruitment. By clicking on the Job Announcement URL below, you will be taken to a different site that is used by this agency for collecting applications. That site will require you to create a login. Please note that this login is not in any way tied to your CalOpps login.