Are you a motivated, energetic, and creative individual interested in working for an agency making a difference for people in Santa Clara County? Are you detail-oriented yet able to understand the big picture? The award-winning Santa Clara County Housing Authority (SCCHA) is looking for talented individuals to be a part of a collaborative, innovative organization dedicated to making homes and growing communities in Santa Clara County.
We are currently seeking applicants for an Applications Administrator position in the Information Technology Department. Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Superviosor, the Applications Administrator will coordinate, implement, and manage the Housing Authority’s (Agency’s) business applications portfolio; performs technical assessments of recommended business application solutions based on end-user needs; coordinates support and monitors the performance and reliability of business applications; performs related work as required.
TO VIEW JOB ANNOUNCEMENT, CLICK ON THE 'JOB ANNOUNCEMENT URL' BELOW.
This is a journey-level professional class responsible for evaluating, implementing, and managing the Agency’s business applications portfolio. Responsibilities require the use of tact, discretion, and independent judgment and to have full and thorough knowledge of the concepts, practices, procedures, and policies of the assigned function. Work is typically reviewed upon completion for technical soundness, appropriateness, and conformity to policy and requirements and the methodology used in arriving at the end results which are not reviewed in detail.
- Oversees, coordinates, and maintains the Agency’s business application portfolio, including serving as the first point of contact for the Agency’s business application end-user community; meets with stakeholders to gather and analyze requirements and provide feedback on how they may impact system performance.
- Configures and supports Agency business applications either directly or through contracted third-party service providers; liaises with vendors and contractors who provide professional and technical support to the Agency’s business applications regarding bug fixes, new releases, and updates.
- Coordinates user testing of bug fixes, new releases, and updates, including the development of test plans and test scripts; collaborates with end-users to create and maintain procedural documentation for future changes.
- Assesses performance and reliability of business applications by monitoring availability and response time; detects problems and identifies inefficient use of resources; provides guidance to IT staff and/or third-party service providers to resolve application performance issues and streamline workflows.
- Works closely with Agency departments and divisions in supporting business application needs assessments; identifies and applies proactive solutions to optimize business processes and minimize downtime; generates and maintains scripts to automate common operations, maintenance tasks, and tedious data entry methods.
- Addresses business application capacity needs to accommodate for future growth requirements in areas such as increased database size, increase in end-user population, and application feature development; forecasts needs for additional resources and makes recommendations on the same.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in information systems, computer science, or a related field; five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in database and application administration.
Preferred: Understanding of public housing operations; experience with Emphasys Elite or substantially similar housing software.
Licenses and Certifications:
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator or equivalent; recurring annual data security certification.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation, retirement, educational tuition reimbursement, and more. In addition, we operate on a 9/80 work schedule where employees have a paid day off every other Friday. (Monday through Thursday is a nine (9) hour day and the Friday that is worked is an eight (8) hour day).
Interested applicants must complete a standard application form. Applications and resumes may be submitted via our website at www.scchousingauthority.org. For assistance: please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 993-2934.
This agency is not using CalOpps to accept online applications for this recruitment. By clicking on the Job Announcement URL below, you will be taken to a different site that is used by this agency for collecting applications. That site will require you to create a login. Please note that this login is not in any way tied to your CalOpps login.