One part-time, temporary position is available now (posted August 2019). The position is open until filled; applications will be reviewed as they are received. To be considered for this opportunity, please apply online through www.calopps.org.
The Facility Attendant will greet visitors to the Joan Pisani Community Center or other City facilities and serve as the first point of contact during evening and weekend activities and rentals. The ideal candidate should enjoy working with people and have an interest in serving the public.
The position will typically work on two or three weekday evenings (Mon.-Fri.), approximately 5:00-9:30 pm, two Saturdays each month (approximately 6 hours, daytime or evening), and occasional Sundays (daytime or evening); Specific work schedule to be determined, and may be variable based on the weekly recreation program schedule. A typical schedule will be about 12-15 hours per week.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide friendly and professional customer service by means of greeting Community Center users, serving as main point of contact during activities and events, and maintaining a consistent presence for users at all times.
- Explain and follow City and department policies and procedures.
- May assist user group with indoor or outdoor event set up and take down of equipment and/or furniture such as tables, chairs, podiums, and A/V equipment.
- Locks and unlocks facility doors; secures buildings.
- Updates attendance sheets, tally sheets and user status sheets.
- May perform clean up duties as needed, including but not limited to: move and arrange furniture and equipment, restroom cleaning, sweeping and mopping, and garbage pick-up and removal.
- Completion of 12th grade or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and current Windows OS.
- Candidates should have the ability to: work independently with minimal direct supervision, pay attention to detail and use good judgment; communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, with good English grammar skills; understand and follow written and oral directions; perform basic and accurate mathematical calculations; set-up and use necessary equipment and cleaning supplies, and provide exceptional customer service.
- The position requires possession of a valid Class C California driver’s license with an acceptable driving record at the time of appointment and throughout employment in this classification.
- The selected individual must pass a criminal background check (LiveScan) and provide proof of current tuberculosis screening clearance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform to the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation: Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, finger, grasp, write, and perform repetitive motions; Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities to enable the employee to communicate effectively; Sufficient vision or other powers of observation to enable the employee to review a wide variety of materials in electronic or hard copy form; Sufficient manual dexterity to enable the employee to operate a job related equipment; Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes to enable the employee to safely lift, move, climb, walk safely on even or uneven grounds, or maneuver in whatever way may be necessary to successfully perform the duties of their position.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
Upon selection, additional requirements include:
Fingerprint clearance from Department of Justice for applicants 18 years of age or older
Verification of TB clearance within the past two years