One part-time, temporary position is available now. The position is open until filled; application review is ongoing. To be considered for this opportunity, please apply online through www.calopps.org. A resume and letter of interest (cover letter) are required along with the application.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The City of Saratoga has a temporary, part-time Communications Assistant position available to provide support for the City’s communications program. The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills and experience in print and digital media communications, marketing, and community engagement, with a strong attention to detail.
Some of the various projects and responsibilities include:
- Assists with research analysis, preparation and writing of e-newsletters, social media posts, blogs, and updates to the City’s website.
- Assists with evaluating and researching best practices for social media engagement and maximizing online and digital tools for community education and information sharing.
- Prepares and edits promotional materials such as flyers, brochures and pamphlets.
- Tracks projects and media exposure.
- Assists with and helps implement City community engagement activities and strategies.
- Researches policy initiatives that will be brought to the City Council and prepares supporting documentation.
- Assists with special communications and community engagement projects as needed.
To read more about the City of Saratoga, visit www.saratoga.ca.us
- Graduation from High School or equivalent with demonstrated experience in communications, social media marketing, and community engagement. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or related field is not required but is desirable.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Nextdoor, LinkedIn; Social media management tools including Hootsuite and analytics tools; Rules of English grammar and writing; Editing and research skills; Desktop software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Digital media marketing tools, such as Constant Contact, and content management systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and work cooperatively with City staff; Perform research work and prepare clear and concise reports; Work independently, under general direction; Plan, develop, review and complete projects in a timely manner; Interpret and apply administrative and departmental policies and procedures; Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
One part-time, temporary position is available now. The position is open until filled; application review is ongoing. A resume and letter of interest (cover letter) are required along with the online application.