The City is seeking an Administrative Services Director to lead its dynamic team. The Director will assume full management responsibility for the City Budget, Customer Services, Fiscal Services, Information Services, Support Services (Purchasing & Communications), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, as well as any other responsibilities that may be added. The Director of Administrative Services is an at-will, executive position reporting to the City Manager’s Office.
Duties include managing and implementing department goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for each assigned division; establishing appropriate service and staffing levels; monitoring and evaluating efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery methods and procedures, and allocating resources; planning, directing, and coordinating the Administrative Services Department work plan; assigning projects and programmatic areas of responsibility; meeting with staff to identify and resolve problems; managing and participating in the development and administration of the department’s budget; monitoring various service contracts for compliance with established performance levels; following-up and ensuring corrective action is taken as necessary; representing the Administrative Services Department to other City departments, elected officials, and outside agencies; preparing and presenting staff reports; responding to and resolving difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints; participating on a variety of boards, commissions, and committees; and providing staff assistance to the City Manager.
Please see the job description and announcement for complete information and details.
- Retirement: benefits through the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS). “Classic” members are covered under the 2% at age 55 formula (4th Level Survivor Benefit, and single-highest year final compensation) and ‘New” members are covered by the 2% at age 62 retirement formula (4th Level Survivor Benefit, and three-year average highest final compensation). All employees are required to contribute 7% of salary toward retirement costs. The City does not participate in Social Security.
- Retiree Medical: The City contributes $200/month to a health care reimbursement program for retiree medical.
- Paid Annual Leave: Accrues at a rate of 10.75 hours bi-weekly, or 279.5 hours per year (combination of vacation and sick leave).
- Holidays: Eleven (11) paid (8-hour) holidays per year and one (1) paid (8-hour) floating holiday per year.
- Benefits Plan: A variety of PPO and HMO plans are available through the CalPERS Health Program. The City contributes $136 per month for medical, $19.80 per month for vision, and up to $100 per month for dental. The City provides up to $2,337 per month in “Simiflex Dollars,” depending upon the medical plan selected; employees who decline medical coverage receive $632 per month. “Simiflex Dollars” can be used to offset the cost of medical, dental, and/or vision insurance, or other optional benefits. Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts are also offered.
- Disability Income Insurance: The City provides long-term and short-term disability plans.
- Life Insurance: The City provides $151,000 of life insurance coverage for employees and $5,000 coverage for each dependent.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement up to $1,600 per year for job related or professional development courses after 120 days of employment.
- Deferred Compensation: Employees may defer a portion of their salary a 401(k) plan. The City contributes $65 per month and will match an employee’s contribution up to $185.83 per month.
- Employees may also participate in a 457 plan.
- Mileage Allowance: $400 per month
- Cell Phone Allowance: $65 per month
Benefits listed are effective as of 1/1/2019. For complete details on the benefits provided for this position, please visit: https://www.simivalley.org/home/showdocument?id=17449
For first consideration, please apply by: November 30, 2018.
Please submit a comprehensive resume, cover letter, and six professional references (who will not be contacted in the early stages of the recruitment) via e-mail to Jamie Cross, Human Resources Analyst email@example.com. Resumes should reflect years and months of positions held as well as the size of the previous program you have managed.
Resumes will be screened to determine the most qualified candidates, based on a combination of education, career experience, and accomplishments. Select candidates will be invited to participate in panel interviews, tentatively scheduled to take place the week of December 10th. The selected candidate will be subjected to an extensive reference and background check. Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference must submit form DD214 along with their resume.
For additional information about this position, please contact Jamie Cross at (805) 583-6337.