The Sonoma County Library seeks a new Library Director. This is a unique opportunity for a progressive, experienced library professional to join a dedicated staff in leading an exceptional library system in California’s beautiful wine country.
Nearly 200 employees focus every day on serving the people of Sonoma County. Sonoma County residents borrow over 3 million items a year. Nearly half the service population has a library card. Expert librarians answer over 160,000 reference questions annually for individuals, businesses, and government agencies. Library staff guide patrons in using resources and technology and in tailoring services to meet their individual learning needs and interests.
Please view the attached brochure for more details.
This position is open until filled. To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter, and a list of six work related references (two supervisors, two direct reports and two colleagues).
For further information contact Pam Derby CPS HR Consulting (916) 263-1401.
Applications are not being accepted by CalOPPS for this recruitment. Please go to https://secure.cpshr.us/escandidate/JobDetail?ID=329 to apply.
The annual salary for this position is $154,044.80 - $192,379.20. Salary is complemented by an attractive benefits package including CalPERS retirement and Retiree Health benefits for employees with 15 years of Library service. Additional benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in CalPERS medical coverage, 20% premium share paid by employee (cost benchmarked to Kaiser Plan HMO)
- 100% Employer Paid Dental, Vision, LTD, Life, and AD&D
- Participation in CalPERS Retirement: formula 2.5% @ 55 for Classic members; 2% @ 62 for PEPRA members
- Deferred Compensation – 457(b)(3) choice of two different pre-tax savings plans: Nationwide Savings and CalPERS - Library match up to 1%
- Holidays: 12 days annually plus two ½ days
- Vacation: 22 days annually, 240 hour cap
- Sick Days: 12 days annually
- Management Leave: 80 hours per year (added July 1, must be used during the FY)
- Staff development: up to $2500 annually
- Vehicle Allowance: $400 monthly
- Technology Allowance: Company provided cellular phone and laptop
- Relocation Allowance: Generous relocation package.
Applications are not being accepted by CalOPPS for this recruitment. Please go to https://secure.cpshr.us/escandidate/JobDetail?ID=329 to for a brochure and to apply.