POSITION: Recreation Leader II/III
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation / Recreation Division
SHIFTS AVAILABLE: Hours vary but typical hours are 8:00 am-1:00 pm and 1:00 pm-6:00 pm
Laura Armanino(650) 875-6900 firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of South San Francisco is a fully independent and highly commercialized full-service City with an estimated population of 66,174 growing to more than 100,000 during business hours. South San Francisco is an international center for the biotechnology industry, housing over 80 companies on 3.5 million square feet and it is strategically located on the west shore of the San Francisco Bay, in northern San Mateo County, 10 miles south of San Francisco.
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assist in developing and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for children
- Implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
- Provide various experiences and activities for children
- Build children’s esteem
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance/discipline
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children
- Integrate children with special needs in a positive and respectful manner
- Follow all health and safety procedures as designated by the City of South San Francisco regulations and Community Care Licensing Title 22 regulations as well as State Regulations for Grant Funded Programs
- Maintains excellent communication and customer service skills
Candidates must have equivalent to graduation from high school.
A Recreation Leader II Teacher does not need but is encouraged to have completed 6 semester units and are in progress to complete 12 semester units in Early Childhood Education or Recreation or Physical Education or Human Services or Social Welfare.
A Recreation Leader III Teacher must have completed 12 semester units in Early Childhood Education or Recreation or Physical Education or Human Services or Social Welfare in the following areas:
- Child Development
- Principles or Theory
- Child, Family, Community
The ideal candidate would have at least six (6) months of work experience from any combination of experience in the following areas:
- Physical education
RECRUITMENT TYPE: Ongoing.
HOW TO APPLY: Please Call Parks and Recreation at (650) 875-6900 to schedule an interview.