POSITION: Recreation Leader II/III
DEPARTMENT: Parks and Recreation / Recreation Division
SHIFTS AVAILABLE: Hours vary, but typical hours are 7:00 am – 1:00 pm and 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
SALARY: Recreation Leader II: $17.18 - $20.89 per hour; Recreation Leader III: $18.64 - $22.66 per hour.
The City of South San Francisco is a General Law city with a population of 68,000 residents that grows to 110,000 during business hours. South San Francisco is strategically located on the west shore of the San Francisco Bay, in northern San Mateo County, 10 miles south of San Francisco. This City is also located along the Bay Area's main transportation routes, included 101, 280, Caltrain, BART, San Francisco Bay Ferry, and the San Francisco International Airport.
The City of South San Francisco is a full-service city with 12 City Departments including Police; Fire; Parks and Recreation; Public Works; Economic and Community Development; City Attorney; Library; Finance; Information Technology; Human Resources; City Clerk; and Office of the City Manager. The City has a Council-City Manager form of government with more than 460 full-time regular employees.
The City of South San Francisco proudly remains The Industrial City, a reflection of its steel mill and ship building past. In recent years, the City has been redefined to reflect the innovative, entrepreneurial and industrious spirit, which has made South San Francisco the Biotech Capital of the World.
South San Francisco’s biotechnology cluster is the largest in the world, with roughly 45,000 life science workers, 200 biotech companies, and over 12 million square feet of office/R&D facilities – with an additional 9 million square feet of new R&D facilities in the development pipeline.
South San Francisco enjoys a high quality of life with an extensive public parks system, active library and learning programming and a dynamic, engaged community making South San Francisco a great place to live, learn, work and play.
IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assist in developing and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for children
- Implement activities to meet the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of the children in the program
- Ensure children are supervised at all times
- Ensure equipment and the facility are clean, well maintained and safe at all times
- Provide various experiences and activities for children
- Build children’s esteem
- Establish routines and provide positive guidance/discipline
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children
- Integrate children with special needs in a positive and respectful manner
- Follow all health and safety procedures as designated by the City of South San Francisco regulations and Community Care Licensing Title 22 regulations as well as State Regulations for Grant Funded Programs
- Maintains excellent communication and customer service skills
Candidates must have equivalent to graduation from high school.
A Recreation Leader II Teacher does not need but is encouraged to have completed 6 semester units and are in progress to complete 12 semester units in Early Childhood Education or Recreation or Physical Education or Human Services or Social Welfare.
A Recreation Leader III Teacher must have completed 12 semester units in Early Childhood Education or Recreation or Physical Education or Human Services or Social Welfare in the following areas:
- Child Development
- Principles or Theory
- Child, Family, Community
The ideal candidate would have at least six (6) months of work experience from any combination of experience in the following areas:
- Physical education
This is an hourly part-time non-benefited position.
RECRUITMENT TYPE: This is a continuous recruitment. If interested, please call to schedule an interview immediately, as this recruitment may close at any time.
HOW TO APPLY: Please call Parks and Recreation at (650) 875-6900 to schedule an interview.