CASUAL UNSKILLED LABORER 1/2 - GOLF
(Job Code 9987/9580)
Casual Unskilled Laborer 1 - $13.00 - $13.14 Hourly
Casual Unskilled Laborer 2 - $13.80 - $17.62 Hourly
Note: Casual non-benefited employees are limited to working no more than twenty-five (25) hours per week and no more than 900 hours in a fiscal year (July 1-June 30).
The City of Sunnyvale is seeking self-motivated, energetic, responsible individuals interested in temporary employment completing general cleanup of golf equipment and facility.
- Provide excellent customer service by representing the City in a professional manner
- Move golf carts from the storage facility to the customer staging area and return golf carts to the storage facility after use
- Clean golf facilities to provide for neat, safe and secure workplace
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop flooring of facilities
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms
- Empty trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary
- Observe safety principles and work in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Position requires sitting, standing, walking on level, uneven and slippery surfaces, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, grasping and making repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties. The position also requires both near and far vision when operating assigned equipment. Acute hearing is required on the golf courses and in the pro shops. The ability to work in inclement weather conditions, such as wet, heat and cold. Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodations.Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum age: 16 years old
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products and their use
- Good communication skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently
Possession and continued maintenance of a valid class C California driver's license and a safe driving record, or the ability to provide alternate transportation which is approved by the appointing authority. Application and Selection Process: APPLICATION PROCESS
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a City of Sunnyvale employment application and responses to the supplemental questions to the Department of Human Resources.
City application forms, completed in full and responses to the supplemental questions are required. Candidates are asked to fully describe any training, education, experience and/or skills relevant to this position. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the application, please do not indicate "see resume". Electronic applications may be submitted on-line through the City's employment page at jobs.inSunnyvale.com or application materials may be submitted to: Department of Human Resources, 505 West Olive Avenue, Suite 200, Sunnyvale, CA 94088. Postmarks or faxes will not be accepted. Late or incomplete applications will also not be accepted. Please submit application materials as soon as possible to be considered for this position as this job posting may close without notice.