PUBLIC SAFETY CADET
Casual (Part-Time) Positions
(15 - 20 hours per week)
(Job Code 9250 - Casual Public Safety Cadet)
Note: A current (issued and printed within the last 30 days) California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Driver's Record printout is required for this position. The DMV Driver's Record printout must be submitted at time of application.
Student Status Required: To be eligible for employment as a casual (part-time) Public Safety Cadet, candidates must be currently enrolled as a college student with a minimum course load of six units per semester or ten units per quarter.
Please submit application materials as soon as possible to be considered for the position as this announcement may close without notice.
Under supervision, performs clerical duties, tasks and assignments; assists with public safety training program(s); performs errands; and, other similar duties, as assigned, within the Department of Public Safety. There may be some lifting, loading and moving of heavy items.
To watch a video with information on careers with the Department of Public Safety, please click on the following link:sunnyvale.ca.gov/Departments/PublicSafety/Recruiting.aspx.
- Must be at least 18 years old;
- Must possess a valid California driver's license;
- Ability to act in a courteous and effective manner when dealing with the general public both by telephone and in person;
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions;
Ability to read, write, spell and speak clearly in English;
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background investigation which includes a polygraph examination, credit history, driving record, criminal activity, military and employment records, and character references (in accordance with the minimum standards for employment issued by the California POST Commission);
- Willingness to abide by the Public Safety Cadet Code of Ethics;
- Willingness to wear a department-issued uniform;
- Willingness to work up to 20 hours a week, including some weekends and evenings.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS APPLICATION PROCESS
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your City of Sunnyvale employment application, supplemental questionnaire, and a current (issued and printed within the last 30 days) DMV Driver's Record printout to the Department of Human Resources.
City application forms, completed in full, responses to the required supplemental questions, as well as a current (issued within the last 30 days) original DMV Record printout are required. Resumes are optional and are not accepted in lieu of the application. Electronic applications may be submitted on-line through the City's employment page atwwwjobs.inSunnyvale.com or application materials may be submitted to: Department of Human Resources, 505 West Olive Avenue, Suite 200, Sunnyvale, CA 94088. Faxes will not be accepted. Incomplete applications will also not be accepted.