(Therapeutic Recreation Programs)
Note: Temporary non-benefited casual/seasonal workers are limited to working no more than 900 hours or 6 months full-time in a fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
The City of Sunnyvale is seeking a qualified, self-motivated, energetic individual interested in working for the Department of Library and Community Services. The Casual Recreation Instructor 2 will plan, implement and evaluate recreation programs for individuals with disabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
As a Casual Recreation Instructor 2, you will:
- Plan, implement and evaluate recreation programs for individuals with disabilities.
- Adapt activities to meet the needs of program participants; create a positive and safe environment; establish positive rapport with parents, participants and volunteers.
- Guide and direct volunteers.
- Maintain supplies and equipment.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
Position requires prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires grasping, repetitive hand movement and fine coordination in using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in reading reports and work related documents and using a computer. Acute hearing is required when providing phone and personal customer service. The need to lift, drag and push files, paper, books and documents weighing up to 10 pounds is also required. Some of these requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individuals requiring and requesting such accommodation.
- The minimum age is 18 years old
- Volunteer experience with individuals with disabilities is desirable.
Possession and continued maintenance of a valid class C California driver's license or the ability to provide alternative transportation as approved by the appointing authority and a safe driving record.