The City’s Human Resources Department has an excellent opportunity for either an Assistant Human Resources Analyst or an Associate Human Resources Analyst to join the team.
If you wish to be considered for both recruitments, it is required that you apply to both recruitments.
The responsibilities will encompass some or all of the human resources disciplines outlined below:
- Benefits Administration (including retirement, health, disability, and leaves)
- Workers Compensation
- Labor Relations
- Employee Relations
- Training and Development
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation and Classification
- Policy development and interpretation
- Management and coordination of human resources projects and programs
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Exceptional talent in identifying opportunities to build relationships.
- Excellent listening skills and demonstrated ability to handle issues with sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to produce excellent results and meet deadlines while working autonomously on multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Project management, program development and implementation experience.
- Ability to identify alternative solutions, consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of established goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Two or more years of professional level administrative and management analysis experience in a human resources management program at a level comparable to an Assistant Human Resources Analyst with the City of Thousand Oaks.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in human resources, public administration, business administration, or a related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
A valid class C California driver’s license.
Problem Solver and Decision Maker
Planner and Organizer
Open until a sufficient number of qualified applications are received.
Initial review of candidates targeted for Thursday, January 11, 2018.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION - The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
Veteran’s Preference - In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.