The City of Thousand Oaks is currently accepting applications to fill several part-time, hourly positions in the Library Services Department. The position will require working at both the Grant R. Brimhall and Newbury Park Branch locations.
Library Pages are typically scheduled to work 15 hours per week, including some evenings and weekends.
- Shelve and maintain books placed on shelves
- Assist with unpacking boxes of materials, including unloading and sorting donations
- Assist with processing materials
- Assist with meeting room set-up
- Perform basic clerical and routine tasks
- Assist in maintaining the library collection and public areas
- Prepare crafts for story time programs
- Assist library staff with special projects and programs as assigned
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Experience working in a library
- Basic office clerical skills, including filing
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of library classification system(s)
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others; be motivated and a team player
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Requirements: Must be at least 14 years of age, as required by U.S. Department of Labor. If 17 years of age or younger, must provide “Permit to employ and work” document.
Must have the ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; be able to lift, drag, and push and pull files, book carts, stacks of books or other materials weighing in excess of 25 pounds. Must be able to lift books repetitively when emptying book bins or stacking and retrieving books from shelves in the library.
- Results Oriented
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Planner and Organizer
- Interpersonally Effective
- Technically Knowledgeable
FILING DEADLINE: Apply Immediately; open until a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been received.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE: Applicants are required to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire. This will be used throughout the process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications for the position.
Additional information about the City can be found on our website at www.toaks.org/jobs. The City of Thousand Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Female, minority and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For additional information or questions, please contact Human Resources staff at (805) 449-2144.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.