The City of Thousand Oaks has an excellent opportunity for an Information Technology Supervisor to join an innovative technology team. We are seeking a collaborative and forward-thinking individual to supervise and lead technical staff in the implementation, maintenance, and support of a variety of IT systems, projects, and initiatives.
The Information Technology Supervisor must be customer-service driven, and be highly knowledgeable in computer networks and/or enterprise application systems.
- Supervise IT staff, including training, and the development of work plans and performance evaluations
- Recommend and implement goals, objectives, policies, and procedures for information systems maintenance and services
- Project management: plan, coordinate, implement, promote, and oversee assigned programs, projects, and initiatives
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to support the City's strategic technology goals and objectives
- Research and assess new technology trends and innovations
- Prepare project cost estimates and justifications for new or enhancements to current applications and systems
- Prepare and evaluate requests for proposals and bids for vendor services, applications, and computer systems
- Participate in the development of program budget; review and monitor expenditures, and provide recommendations as needed
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree with major course work in computer science, management information systems, or a closely related field
- Six or more years of progressively responsible experience in network administration, and/or application development and support, including one year of lead supervisory responsibility
- Knowledge and experience with relational databases, data management, and enterprise application systems
- Knowledge of computer networks, servers, backup and storage systems, e-mail, and computer security
- Excellent problem-solving, planning, organizational skills
- Exemplary customer-service, and communication skills
- Hands on supervisory style; effective training and leadership skills
- Commitment to innovation, teamwork, and collaboration
- A valid Class C California driver's license
- Strategic Thinker
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Planner and Organizer
- Interpersonally Effective
- Technically Knowledgeable
FILING DEADLINE: Friday, November 16, 2018 by 5:00 p.m.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE: Applicants are required to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire. This will be used throughout the process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications for the position.
Additional information about the City is available on our website at www.toaks.org/jobs.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.