This position will be a key contributor in the management, strategic planning, and administrative oversight of programs which support the development and coordination of homeless and social services in the community. The incumbent will independently perform the most difficult and responsible analytical, financial, systems, statistical, management, and other administrative analyses duties in providing highly responsible staff support in assigned program areas.
- Continuously assess community needs and evaluate program using outcome data to determine effectiveness of program components and recommend program modifications as necessary;
- Establish and coordinate program services, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with data quality requirements and conformity with federal, state and local regulations, and best practices;
- Serve as a liaison with City Departments, the Police and Fire Departments, Ventura County social service and housing agencies, and the community, including non-profits and faith-based organizations;
- Assist with strategy creation, implementation, budget recommendations and oversight related to social services and homeless, and other program areas to promote effective strategies and a shared humanitarian effort;
- Coordinate interdepartmental and external agency information sharing to ensure a coordinated and collaborative approach to homeless services;
- Work closely with government agencies and non-profits in their efforts to support vulnerable populations;
- Provide assistance in resolving politically sensitive, highly sensitive, difficult and complex operational and administration problems; identify problem areas and issues; plan, organize, coordinate, direct, and/or conduct administrative and/or management studies relating to community development program areas;
- Provide responsible senior level staff support to the Community Development Department and other City departments promoting City-wide initiatives.
A full job description for the Neighborhood and Social Services Liaison is available on the City’s website.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, social work or a related field.
Five years of responsible professional level administrative and management analysis experience in the development, delivery, monitoring or evaluation of community programs. At least two years working with the homeless is highly preferred.
- A valid class C California driver’s license
- Team Builder
- Strategic Thinker
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Planner and Organizer
This is a continuous recruitment. First review of candidates is scheduled for Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION - The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
Veteran’s Preference - In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.