Excellent opportunity to provide customer service duties in support of box office operations. Currently, there are two part-time positions available in the Box Office of the City’s Cultural Affairs Department.
- Provide assistance to patrons both in person and over the phone
- Perform cashiering functions in support of theatre ticket sales
- Assist in the processing of subscription, single ticket, group and school ticket sales utilizing a computerized box office ticket system
- Assist with will-call pickup transactions
Flexible schedule not to exceed 20 hours per week. Must be available evenings and weekends.
Box Office hours vary based on show schedule. Box Office business hours: Tuesday through Sunday, 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm and Monday-Sunday, each day shows are scheduled, until approximately 8:30 pm.
Final Filing Date: Open until filled
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Cashiering and/or cash handling experience
- Financial record keeping experience
- Knowledge of, and experience in, box office operations, preferably in a performing arts facility
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with a team
- Equivalent to the completion of a twelfth-grade education
Other Essential Attributes:
- Problem Solver
- Detail Oriented
- Technically Knowledgeable
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION - The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
Veteran’s Preference - In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.