The City of Thousand Oaks has an opportunity for an Administrative Support Supervisor in the City Manager's Office. This is an at-will position.
We are seeking a skilled individual with the competence and experience to provide office coordination and supervision related to daily operations, administrative support, staff and services related to the City’s Executive Offices including high-level administrative support for City Council. The Administrative Support Supervisor will report to the Assistant to the City Manager, and must be an outstanding team player who will establish and maintain positive working relationships with City Council members and others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Manage assignments and administrative support for City Council members including correspondence, signature items, phone, calendar, travel and other projects as required.
- Assist with a variety of complex, confidential and administrative support functions, projects, and operations related to the City Manager’s and City Attorney’s Offices.
- Oversee and maintain a high level of customer service for external and internal customers of the City Manager’s and City Attorney’s Offices.
- Track citizen requests, liaise and provide status updates to key department contacts.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to interface with elected officials, the public, senior management and colleagues.
- Exceptional attention to detail; ability to multitask/coordinate a high volume of activities in a fast-paced environment; ability to meet deadlines; and ability to uphold a professional demeanor at all times.
- Outstanding problem solving, decision making, planning and organizational skills.
- Previous experience working in a comparable position supporting executive staff.
- Supervisory or lead experience.
- Ability to analyze processes and recommend improvements.
- Skill with MS Office Suite, Outlook, and internet navigation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business, public administration or a related field.
- A valid class C California driver’s license
Problem Solver and Decision Maker
Planner and Organizer
Open until a sufficient # of qualified applicants has been received.
First review of candidates: Monday, July 22, 2019
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION - The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE - In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.