The City of Thousand Oaks has an excellent part-time opportunity in the Public Works Department, for its award-winning Transit Program. Under the direction of Public Works management staff, the Transit Aide will provide administrative support with financial reporting and analysis, transit planning projects, social media, and marketing efforts.
The work schedule is flexible (some night and weekend hours required). The successful candidate may work up to 29 hours per week and up to 1,000 hours in a fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- Conduct research on transit best practices, products and services
- Participate in community outreach & encourage transit use
- Assist in developing community outreach & marketing plans
- Conduct field observations and site visits
- Track expenses, reimbursements, and budgets
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Ability to promote and maintain effective public relations
- Ability to work well with others, provide excellent customer service and be a team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Experience with at least one of the following:
- transit, urban planning and/or traffic administrative support tasks
- creating and maintaining spreadsheets and databases
- marketing through social media
A valid class C California driver’s license is required.
- Problem Solver/ Creative Thinker
FILING DEADLINE: Recruitment may close at any time. Open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
FIRST REVIEW: August 19, 2019
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE: Applicants are required to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire. This will be used throughout the process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications for the position. Additional information about the City is available on our website at www.toaks.org.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.