The City of Thousand Oaks is seeking a collaborative, dynamic and talented professional to support the operation of TOTV, the City’s television facility and online digital media outlet. The Senior Video Production Specialist will provide support for a full-range of video content and production.
The Senior Video Production Specialist will coordinate and provide technical and creative responsibilities for TOTV video productions including: operation of production equipment including hi-definition digital cameras, remote control cameras, live meeting broadcasts and events, hard-disk recorders, non-linear digital editing systems, video routers, server-based recording and playback equipment, audio mixers, video switchers, character generators, computer graphics systems, field production, interior and exterior lighting equipment and online video streaming systems.
- Manage and work collaboratively on multiple video projects and independent project-specific production duties.
- Perform complex video production activities, technical and complex tasks including script writing, production and direction of video programs.
- Participate in and/or lead production planning including field production activities, cinematography, editing and video engineering.
- Editor during all stages of the creation process.
- May supervise hourly employees and interns in the operation of the City’s video channel.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Comprehensive experience with professional versions of digital video editing software such as Adobe Premier Pro, AVID, Final Cut Pro.
- Progressive knowledge of video compression techniques.
- Experience with media file transcoding and distribution to social media sites.
- Advanced knowledge of video production methods, both in-studio and on location.
- Understanding of day-to-day channel operations including televised live meetings.
- Single and multi-camera electronic field production (EFP) and electronic news gathering (ENG) experience.
- Knowledge of, and ability, to troubleshoot and maintain master control, post-production, digital video, and other complex video and audio systems.
- Bachelor’s degree with major course work in telecommunications, television production or a closely related field.
- Four or more years of television programming experience.
- A valid Class C California driver’s license.
- Results Oriented
- Customer Focused
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Planner and Organizer
- Technically Knowledgeable
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE: Applicants are required to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire. This will be used throughout the process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications for the position.
Additional information about the City is available on our website at www.toaks.org.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION - The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
Veteran’s Preference - In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.