The City of Thousand Oaks is seeking an innovative and proactive Engineering Division Manager who will be responsible for leading and managing engineering activities to protect the capital investments in the City’s facilities and infrastructure through maintenance, enhancement, and when necessary, expansion.
For additional information about the position, please review the recruitment brochure (job announcement URL)
The City of Thousand Oaks is preparing the organization for the future and the Engineering Division Manager must have a positive, forward thinking perspective. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic professional with strong management, interpersonal and leadership skills. The Engineering Division Manager is expected to be both tactical and strategic, have a big-picture perspective and should possess the following attributes of senior level management:
- Effective Communicator
- Strategic Thinker
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Planner and Organizer
- Interpersonally Effective
- Skill and Career Development Coach
- Technically Knowledgeable
The successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure a high performance and customer service-oriented environment.
- Provide leadership to manage and direct challenging and comprehensive engineering projects.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning by leveraging knowledge of engineering while aligning with the City’s overall goals.
- Drive continuous improvement through innovation and optimization of processes and procedures.
- Have extensive team building skills, be results oriented, and be a seasoned project manager with strong management skills.
- Work cooperatively with all City departments.
- Have superior interpersonal and communication skills that thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- Enjoy the daily challenges of priority setting and driving initiatives.
- Understand the importance of effective civic engagement.
View Job Announcement and apply online.
FILING DEADLINE: Open until a sufficient number of qualified applicants have been received.
First review of candidates: Monday, March 16, 2020
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE: Applicants are required to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire. This will be used throughout the process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications for the position.
Additional information about the City is available on our website at www.toaks.org.
For additional information or questions, please contact Human Resources at (805) 449-2144.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.