The City of Thousand Oaks is seeking a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator I/II to join our team!
We are seeking a highly motivated and committed team player, who will occasionally work under the supervision of a Senior WWTP Operator, will assist in the daily operations and maintenance of a Class V advanced tertiary, 8 MGD wastewater treatment plant in compliance with state regulatory agency requirements, and safe work practices and procedures.
The WWTP Operator I/II will assist in and learn the full range of skilled treatment plant operations and maintenance tasks, including checking equipment to ensure proper operation, performing regular inspections, collecting and checking wastewater samples, and performing laboratory tests and analyses to determine compliance with state and federal regulations.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Knowledge in the operation of an advanced tertiary Class V wastewater treatment plant, including operating principles, methods and techniques
- Understanding of discharge permit compliance, reporting and recordkeeping
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of conducting laboratory tests and procedures related to wastewater treatment plant analysis
- Initiative, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to monitor, evaluate and adjust processes
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and safety regulations
- Ability to follow directions, and work cooperatively with others
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask and balance priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A valid Class C California driver’s license
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays, rotating shifts, and to be on call as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Level I: SWRCB Wastewater Operator Grade I Certificate
- Level II: SWRCB Wastewater Operator Grade II Certificate
Position requires working a 4/10 schedule:
Sunday – Wednesday or Wed-Saturday
2 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. or 6:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
*Scheduled shifts are subject to change.
- Problem Solver and Decision Maker
- Results Oriented
- Technically Knowledgeable
FILING DEADLINE: Recruitment may close at any time. Open until sufficient number of qualified applicants has been received.
First review of candidates: Friday, October 22, 2021
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE: Applicants are required to complete the Supplemental Questionnaire. This will be used throughout the process to assist in determining each applicant's qualifications for the position.
Additional information about the City is available on our website at www.toaks.org.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference a Form DD214, or other acceptable proof of service, must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of a selection process for employment with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.