Tri-City is actively recruiting for a MHSA Program Supervisor for the Wellness Center. This position will be responsible for supervising six staff, planning, organizing and directing activities of the Transitional-Aged Young Adult Wellbeing Program working with youth and adults. The MHSA Program Supervisor position will report to the Wellness Center Manager.
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Assist in the design, implementation, and coordination of assigned non-clinical MHSA TAY and Adult programs; Function as liaison representative to other departments, community groups, agencies and stakeholders.
- Coordinate, supervise, and direct the program and operational activities, inclusive of unit personnel, on a day-to-day basis to meet the program needs;
- Provide guidance to subordinates on Agency philosophy, goals, objectives, policies and procedures through supervision and staff meetings, and work review; assist and participate in the development and coordination of assigned MHSA program;
- Assist in required quarterly reports, annual updates, and other analyses and evaluations for assigned MHSA programs;
- Supervise, train, evaluate, and participate in the selection of subordinate program staff; and initiate and participate in personnel actions in accordance with the Agency’s Human Resources practices and procedures;
- Consult with the Wellness Center Manager regarding program goals, activities, policies and procedures; make recommendations on programmatic policies; regularly update program policies and procedures; and implement and enforce policies and procedures;
- Responsible for developing and coordinating trainings (for MHSA staff, as well as community stakeholders) and arranging meetings; and other duties as assigned.
A Master’s degree in social work, marriage and family therapy or a related field from an accredited college or university. Three years of experience in health services administration, mental health, local government or related field with emphasis in policy and program planning within health or mental health. At least two years of supervisory experience in a mental health setting working with Transitional Age Youth, peer support groups & systems of care are required. Must have proficient computer skills and Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists or Licensed Clinical Social Workers whom are bilingual in Spanish are preferred.
LICENSE: Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record and current, valid automobile insurance.
Any combination of education, training, and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties of the position is qualifying. The incumbents will possess the most desirable combination of education, training, skills, and experience, as demonstrated in their past and current employment history. *Candidates may be hired above the minimum salary range depending on qualifications (DOQ).
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Merit Salary Increases: Annually based on performance, budget availability and supervisor approval.
CalPERS Pension: 2% @ 55 for Classic Members and 2% @ 62 for PEPRA Members; employee contributes 7% for Classic and 6.75% for PEPRA. No Social Security.
Vacation: 80 hours per year, increasing with years of service with a maximum of 240 hours; cash out option available.
Sick Leave: Full-Time employees = 88 hours per year with no cap.
Holidays: 10 paid holidays per calendar year plus an additional 16 hours of Floating Holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule: 9/80 or 4/10, where applicable and approved by supervisor. **
Health Insurance: Medical (Kaiser HMO), dental (MetLife PPO) and vision coverage (EyeMed) of which 80% is paid by Tri-City Mental Health Authority (TCMHA).
Life Insurance: Paid at one times annual salary, paid by Tri-City MHA with additional optional coverage available.
Deferred Compensation (457b): Available to interested employees; no employer match.
Additional Optional Benefits: EAP, FSA, STD/LTD & ADD, Bilingual Incentive Pay, On Call Pay, Employee Referral Fee Program, Loan Forgiveness, Credit Union available through CU of So Cal, paid time off for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and more.
**Availability of flexible schedule and days of regular day off is dependent upon the needs of the Department and approval from Management.
REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION: Tri-City Mental Health Authority will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tri-City Human Resources Department may contact candidates via email or phone. Please pay attention to both forms of communication as information regarding application status may be made by email or phone.
Tri-City does not cover the cost of relocation fees.
Full job description available upon request. Email email@example.com.