Tri-City is looking for one individual to serve as a Facilities Maintenance Technician II for the Facilities Division within the Operations Department. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will to perform maintenance, security, and housekeeping functions to ensure the safety and aesthetics of all Agency facilities. This position will report to the Facilities Manager.
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Maintain agency equipment, property and vehicles;
- Perform moderately difficult building maintenance repair work to Agency facilities and Agency housing units & leased properties;
- As assigned, perform unskilled, semi-skilled and/or skilled craft related work in such areas as carpentry, electrical, masonry, painting, plumbing, and refrigeration in the maintenance, repair, and alteration of buildings, facilities, and equipment;
- Monitor access to storage facilities and ensure security and order of storage units; Move and secure furniture, wall fixtures and equipment;
- Respond to work order requests; complete work on a timely basis; prepare and maintain records of performed work and services; Set up and break down for meetings; Completion of the Safety Maintenance Checklist Report;
- Ensure cleanliness of the Agency interior and exteriors premises, which includes cleaning windows, cleaning up spills and foods quickly; and maintain sanitation equipment and supplies;
- Enforce building related codes, including adopted California Building Code, California Mechanical Code, California Plumbing Code, California Electric Code, California Residential Code, California Green Building Code, California Energy Code, and local ordinances.
- Maintain vehicle logs and ensure maintenance, safety and cleanliness of vehicles. Inspects and troubleshoots automotive, and light and heavy duty trucks and equipment to assess their condition and determine repairs; and perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. including a minimum of two years of experience in general building maintenance and repair involving a variety of minor carpentry, electrical, masonry, painting, and plumbing work. Must have the ability to operate a computer and use Microsoft Office.
Licensure: Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record and meet Agency vehicle insurance standards.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered as qualifying. *Candidates may be hired above the minimum salary range depending on qualifications (DOQ).
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Merit Salary Increases: Annually based on performance, budget availability and supervisor approval.
CalPERS Pension: 2% @ 55 for Classic Members and 2% @ 62 for PEPRA Members; employee contributes 7% for Classic and 6.75% for PEPRA. No Social Security.
Vacation: 80 hours per year, increasing with years of service with a maximum of 240 hours; cash out option available.
Sick Leave: Full-Time employees = 88 hours per year with no cap.
Holidays: 10 paid holidays per calendar year plus an additional 16 hours of Floating Holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule: 9/80 or 4/10, where applicable and approved by supervisor. **
Health Insurance: Medical (Kaiser HMO), dental (MetLife PPO) and vision coverage (EyeMed) of which 80% is paid by Tri-City Mental Health Authority (TCMHA).
Life Insurance: Paid at one times annual salary, paid by Tri-City MHA with additional optional coverage available.
Deferred Compensation (457b): Available to interested employees; no employer match.
Additional Optional Benefits: EAP, FSA, STD/LTD & ADD, Bilingual Incentive Pay, On Call Pay, Employee Referral Fee Program, Loan Forgiveness, Credit Union available through CU of So Cal, paid time off for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and more.
**Availability of flexible schedule and days of regular day off is dependent upon the needs of the Department and approval from Management.
REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION: Tri-City Mental Health Services will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tri-City Human Resources Department may contact candidates via email or phone. Please pay attention to both forms of communication as information regarding application status may be made by email or phone.
Tri-City does not cover the cost of relocation fees.
Full job description available upon request. Email email@example.com.