Tri-City is looking for an individual to fill the position of Psychiatric Technician I/II/III as part of the Intensive Outreach and Engagement Team. This particular position will report to the Intensive Outreach and Engagement Team Supervisor & the Crisis & Medication Support Manager. The Psychiatric Technician I/II/III will appeal to individuals who are inspired by the challenges and opportunities that may present while working with an engaged and active community by providing all manner of adjunctive medication support services, case management, mental health support and working within a field based multidisciplinary team.
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- In collaboration with the Agency’s Psychiatrists, will provide medication support services including injections, medication monitoring, non-prescription medication, etc.;
- Provide direct and indirect care including taking and recording measures of the client’s physical condition such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration;
- Observe, evaluate, record, and report changes in client’s condition to the appropriate designee or designees within the multidisciplinary team;
- Implement de-escalation procedures and techniques to aid clients in crisis to help prevent injury to themselves or others through verbal intervention;
- Obtain LPS-designation and work with clients on an interagency basis as well as local agencies for client hospitalization when indicated;
- Work directly with entire field-based treatment team, adjunctively for clients who require medical referral, transportation to receive medical services, prescriptions etc.;
- Perform field based medical/mental health triage within scope of practice for individuals encountered during routine provision of care, etc.; and other duties as assigned.
Psychiatric Technician I: Possess a Psychiatric Technician License issued by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians.
Psychiatric Technician II: Must have one year of paid working experience at the level of Psychiatric Technician I.
Psychiatric Technician III: Must have two years or more of paid working experience at the level of Psychiatric Technician II.
Candidates with experience using Microsoft Word or bilingual in Spanish are preferred.
LICENSE: Possess a Psychiatric Technician License issued by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, and obtain and/or maintain Lanterman-Petris-Short (LPS) designation for Los Angeles County. Must also have and maintain a valid Driver’s License, have a satisfactory driving record and meet Agency vehicle insurance standards.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered as qualifying. *Candidates may be hired above the minimum salary range depending on qualifications (DOQ).
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Merit Salary Increases: Annually based on performance, budget availability and supervisor approval.
CalPERS Pension: 2% @ 55 for Classic Members and 2% @ 62 for PEPRA Members; employee contributes 7% for Classic and 6.75% for PEPRA. No Social Security.
Vacation: 80 hours per year, increasing with years of service with a maximum of 240 hours; cash out option available.
Sick Leave: Full-Time employees = 88 hours per year with no cap.
Holidays: 10 paid holidays per calendar year plus an additional 16 hours of Floating Holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule: 9/80 or 4/10, where applicable and approved by supervisor. **
Health Insurance: Medical (Kaiser HMO), dental (MetLife PPO) and vision coverage (EyeMed) of which 80% is paid by Tri-City Mental Health Authority (TCMHA).
Life Insurance: Paid at one times annual salary, paid by Tri-City MHA with additional optional coverage available.
Deferred Compensation (457b): Available to interested employees; no employer match.
Additional Optional Benefits: EAP, FSA, STD/LTD & ADD, Bilingual Incentive Pay, On Call Pay, Employee Referral Fee Program, Loan Forgiveness, Credit Union available through CU of So Cal, paid time off for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and more.
**Availability of flexible schedule and days of regular day off is dependent upon the needs of the Department and approval from Management.
REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION: Tri-City Mental Health Authority will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tri-City Human Resources Department may contact candidates via email or phone. Please pay attention to both forms of communication as information regarding application status may be made by email or phone.
Tri-City does not cover the cost of relocation fees.
Full job description available upon request. Email email@example.com.