Tri-City Mental Health Authority (“Tri-City”) is now actively recruiting for Chief Information Officer. The Chief Information Officer will be responsible streamlining operations by implementing relevant technologies ensuring support and security, developing technological systems that will improve customer satisfaction, and managing the Information Technology Department. The Chief Information Officer is an executive management position and reports to the Executive Director.
A brief summary of additional responsibilities for this position are included, but not limited to:
- Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits.
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technologies to advise management and suggest actions.
- Collaborate with other executives and directors to measure system and resource use and allocation.
- Oversee the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance.
- Closely collaborate with the Chief Compliance Officer and the Best Practices Department to ensure optimization of the Electronic Health Record platform and related workflows.
- Establish and monitor department budget, prepare cost-benefit analyses for changes IT workflows; design and monitor department KPIs.
- Direct and monitor the Systems Administration and Security Officer, Best Practices, and Operations in the establishment of a mechanism to track access to PHI within the practice, as required by state and federal regulation, and to allow qualified individuals to review or receive a report on access activity.
- Ensure that all access and distribution to protected health information is in compliance with federal, state, and agency regulations, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act, Public Law 111-005 (“HITECH Act”).
- Work with the Systems Administration and Security Officer to monitor compliance with security practices and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with security policies for all individuals in the practice’s workforce and for all business associates (BAs), etc. and other duties as assigned.
Tri-City Mental Health Authority is a public mental health agency providing all levels of mental health services for all age ranges, age 0 to Older Adult. The Chief Information Officer is an Executive Team member responsible to oversee the IT Department consisting of 4 full-time staff servicing an agency of approximately 208 employees.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or 10+ years equivalent work experience required; MSc/MA preferred.
Must have proven experience as IT Director, CIO, or similar executive role; working with management and C-level executives; implementing and effectively developing helpdesk and IT operations best practices; managing an Electronic Health Records Systems and operation, usage, and modification of these systems; and working with Agencies regulated by the HIPAA and HITECH Acts is required.
Experience implementing a new EHR is preferred.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered as qualifying. *Candidates may be hired above the minimum salary range depending on qualifications (DOQ).
FULL-TIME EXECUTIVE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
SALARY: Merit increases available annually based on performance, budget availability and supervisor approval.
VACATION: 200 hours per year, increasing with years of service. Cash out option available.
HOLIDAYS: 10 paid holidays per calendar year plus additional 16 hours of floating holidays.
SICK LEAVE: 88 hours per year with no cap.
EXECUTIVE LEAVE: 80 hours per calendar year.
RETIREMENT: Tri-City participates in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) with a retirement formula of 2% @ 55 for Classic members & 2% @ 62 for PEPRA members; employee contributes 7% or 6.75%, respectively; no Social Security.
HEALTH INSURANCE: Medical (Kaiser HMO), dental (MetLife PPO) & vision (EyeMed) of which Tri-City pays 80% of premiums.
LIFE INSURANCE: Paid at up to a maximum of $200,000.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS: Auto Allowance, STD/LTD & ADD, FSA, EAP, Deferred Compensation (457b), Credit Union, Bilingual Pay, On Call Pay, Employee Referral Program & paid time off for CME, etc.
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE: 9/80, where applicable and approved by supervisor. **
REQUEST FOR ACCOMMODATION: Tri-City Mental Health Authority will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Tri-City Human Resources Department may contact candidates via email or phone. Please pay attention to both forms of communication as information regarding application status may be made by email or phone.
Tri-City does not cover the cost of relocation fees.