Tri-City is looking for one special individual to serve as a Clinical Therapist I/II for the Intensive Outreach and Engagements Team (IOET). This position is a field-based position in which the candidate must be comfortable working with individuals with moderate to severe behavioral health issues and crises. The Clinical Therapist I/II position will report to the Crisis Intervention and Medication Support Manager.
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Provide psychological and crisis assessments;
- Perform field-based mental health evaluations in accordance with agency procedure;
- Provide crisis intervention services to individuals, groups, and families;
- Identify treatment needs and make appropriate referrals for necessary services;
- Perform routine and emergency intake evaluations according to Agency procedure; complete appropriate forms and documents relating to the intake process; and prepare mental health/environmental case history for use in diagnosis.
- Assist clients and relatives with understanding behavioral health problems and their reaction to them;
- Work on a multidisciplinary team to promote recovery;
- Ability to work in a fast paced & field environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
LICENSE: Must have & maintain a valid Class C California Driver’s License. Please see below for required clinical licensure.
Clinical Therapist I: Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) or Social Work (MSW) and California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) registration as either an Associate Marriage & Family Therapist (AMFT) or Associate Clinical Social Worker (ACSW).
Clinical Therapist II: Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) or Social Work (MSW) and California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) licensure as either a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Psychologist.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered as qualifying. The Department will determine level of hire (CT I or CT II) at conditional offer of employment. *Candidates may be hired above the minimum salary range depending on qualifications (DOQ). A typical way to obtain the qualifications would be:
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Marriage & Family Therapy, Social Work and/or Psychology
- Welligent and/or Electronic Health Record experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
PREFERRED: Bilingual in Spanish; Welligent/Electronic Health Record (HER) experience; 2 years of experience in the mental health field with the adult population; hours for licensure; field work experience; good oral and written communication skills and proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Merit Salary Increases: Annually based on performance, budget availability and supervisor approval.
CalPERS Pension: 2% @ 55 for Classic Members and 2% @ 62 for PEPRA Members; employee contributes 7% for Classic and 6.25% for PEPRA. No Social Security.
Vacation: 80 hours per year, increasing with years of service with a maximum of 240 hours; cash out option available.
Sick Leave: Full-Time employees = 88 hours per year with no cap.
Holidays: 10 paid holidays per calendar year plus an additional 16 hours of Floating Holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule: 9/80 or 4/10, where applicable and approved by supervisor. **
Health Insurance: Medical (Kaiser HMO), dental (MetLife PPO) and vision coverage (EyeMed) of which 80% is paid by Tri-City Mental Health Services (TCMHS).
Life Insurance: Paid at one times annual salary, paid by Tri-City MHS with additional optional coverage available.
Deferred Compensation (457b): Available to interested employees; no employer match.
Additional Optional Benefits: EAP, FSA, STD/LTD & ADD, Bilingual Incentive Pay, On Call Pay, Employee Referral Fee Program, Credit Union available through CU of So Cal, paid time off for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and more.
**Availability of flexible schedule and days of regular day off is dependent upon the needs of the Department and approval from Management.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Tri-City will communicate with applicants via email or mail. Please be aware of both forms of communications.
Tri-City does not cover the costs of relocation fees.
A copy of the full and complete job description is available upon request.