Tri-City is actively recruiting for a Facilities Manager to be responsible for overseeing and managing the daily operations and activities of the Facilities Maintenance Department. The Facilities Manager will report to the Chief Operations Officer/HIPAA Privacy Officer.
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Manage staffing, repair and upkeep of all Agency owned and leased buildings, facilities, grounds, Agency vehicle and equipment inventory;
- Coordinating, supervising, directing and providing supervision to Facilities Maintenance Department staff;
- Direct and oversee improvements by independent contractors performing work as hired by the Agency. Review scope of work, schedule, and contract requirements;
- Maintain permits and monitor testing requirements to operate physical plant functions, including elevator permits and load tests, alarm system permits, back flow irrigation prevention devices and testing for the City of Pomona, City of Claremont, City of La Verne, and County of Los Angeles; verify contractor permits; ensure fire inspections have been completed to comply with Medi-Cal site certification requirements and all building and safety codes;
- Ensure compliance with Cal/OSHA standards and local building codes and maintain quarterly OSHA compliance checklists. Submit completed checklists directly to the Chief Operations Officer/ HIPAA Privacy Officer;
- Coordinate, facilitate and lead the Monthly Capital Improvements Project Meeting that includes the Executive Director, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operations Officer/ HIPAA Privacy Officer and assigned Agency Consultants. Prepare the minutes, agenda and estimated costs spreadsheet by fiscal year for each meeting, including any additional project related documents;
- Meet with the Property Management Company at Agency owned housing facilities and ensure that Quarterly Maintenance Checklists are completed and maintained on file;
- Coordinate with the Public Housing and Outreach Manager and contracted Property Management Company to approve maintenance requests for Agency owned housing facilities and provide recommendations as needed to ensure the safety of the property and tenants;
- Prepare and present inspection and project reports and updates;
- Review Facilities Maintenance Department Inspection Reports and provides Chief Operations Officer/ HIPAA Privacy Officer with Risk Analysis and recommendations;
- Prepare and maintain outside contracts for the required maintenance of Agency buildings and grounds, including contracted waste management, elevator, fire alarm, security systems, and custodial and landscaping agreements;
- Other duties as assigned. *A full and complete job description is available upon request.
Four years of progressively responsible managerial, supervisory, and administrative experience in facilities maintenance, public works and/or capital improvement projects. Experience in building technology methods and materials, vocational trades, or related facilities maintenance area is required. Knowledge of facilities maintenance, construction management and capital planning management.
PREFERRED: A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, or a related field is highly desirable.
LICENSE: Must have & maintain a valid Class C California Driver’s License, a satisfactory driving record, and a properly registered and insured vehicle.
*Candidates may be hired above the minimum salary range depending on qualifications (DOQ).
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Merit Salary Increases: Annually based on performance, budget availability and supervisor approval.
CalPERS Pension: 2% @ 55 for Classic Members and 2% @ 62 for PEPRA Members; employee contributes 7% for Classic and 6.25% for PEPRA. No Social Security.
Vacation: 80 hours per year, increasing with years of service with a maximum of 240 hours; cash out option available.
Sick Leave: Full-Time employees = 88 hours per year with no cap.
Holidays: 10 paid holidays per calendar year plus an additional 16 hours of Floating Holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule: 9/80 or 4/10, where applicable and approved by supervisor. **
Health Insurance: Medical (Kaiser HMO), dental (MetLife PPO) and vision coverage (EyeMed) of which 80% is paid by Tri-City Mental Health Services (TCMHS).
Life Insurance: Paid at one times annual salary, paid by Tri-City MHS with additional optional coverage available.
Deferred Compensation (457b): Available to interested employees; no employer match.
Additional Optional Benefits: EAP, FSA, STD/LTD & ADD, Bilingual Incentive Pay, On Call Pay, Employee Referral Fee Program, Credit Union available through CU of So Cal, paid time off for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and more.
**Availability of flexible schedule and days of regular day off is dependent upon the needs of the Department and approval from Management.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Tri-City will communicate with applicants via email or mail. Please be aware of both forms of communications.
Tri-City does not cover the costs of relocation fees.
A copy of the full and complete job description is available upon request.