Tri-City is looking for one (1) Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (MHRS) I/II/III whom will provide mental health rehabilitative support services to clients as part of the Wellness and Recovery Center. The MHRS I/II/III will appeal to individuals who are inspired by challenges and opportunities presented in working with an engaged and active community by providing participant advocate and case management services to children and their families in group facilitation. The MHRS I/II/III will report to the Wellness Center Program Manager.
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Assess participants and family members to determine their needs and link them with suitable support groups and resources either internal or external agencies, organizations or departments as appropriate;
- Carry out socializing and/or rehabilitation activities, as assigned;
- Responsible to develop and/or implement a specific rehabilitation activity;
- Function as a team member of the Wellness and Recovery Center participating in all aspects of the Center’s programming (i.e. recreation, social/daily living skills, education and training);
- Perform crisis intervention counseling at a level not requiring licensure as a mental health professional; and assist professional staff in planning the range of care needed to deal with participant’s care.
- Document and maintain records as required and as credentialed, include attendance records, daily visit logs, daily and/or weekly interdisciplinary notes.
- As needed, document participation in consultation with outside agencies, housing providers and other services providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist I: Associate’s degree and six years’ experience in a mental health setting in the areas of physical restoration, social adjustment, or vocational adjustment.
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist II: Bachelor’s degree and four years’ experience in a mental health setting in the areas of physical restoration, social adjustment, or vocational adjustment.
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist III: Master’s degree and two years’ experience, OR bachelor’s degree and six years’ experience, in a mental health setting in the areas of physical restoration, social adjustment, or vocational adjustment.
LICENSE: Must have & maintain a valid Class C California Driver’s License, have a satisfactory driving record and meet Agency’s vehicle insurance standards.
PREFERRED: Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, or a related field with two years of experience in a social services setting conducting group facilitation for children and families; bilingual in Spanish, Vietnamese or Korean; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; and strong oral and written communication skills.
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Merit Salary Increases: Annually based on performance, budget availability and supervisor approval.
CalPERS Pension: 2% @ 55 for Classic Members and 2% @ 62 for PEPRA Members; employee contributes 7% for Classic and 6.25% for PEPRA. No Social Security.
Vacation: 80 hours per year, increasing with years of service with a maximum of 240 hours; cash out option available.
Sick Leave: Full-Time employees = 88 hours per year with no cap.
Holidays: 10 paid holidays per calendar year plus an additional 16 hours of Floating Holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule: 9/80 or 4/10, where applicable and approved by supervisor. **
Health Insurance: Medical (Kaiser HMO), dental (MetLife PPO) and vision coverage (EyeMed) of which 80% is paid by Tri-City Mental Health Services (TCMHS).
Life Insurance: Paid at one times annual salary, paid by Tri-City MHS with additional optional coverage available.
Deferred Compensation (457b): Available to interested employees; no employer match.
Additional Optional Benefits: EAP, FSA, STD/LTD & ADD, Bilingual Incentive Pay, On Call Pay, Employee Referral Fee Program, Loan Forgiveness, Credit Union available through CU of So Cal, paid time off for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and more.
**Availability of flexible schedule and days of regular day off is dependent upon the needs of the Department and approval from Management.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE
Tri-City will communicate with applicants via email or mail. Please be aware of both forms of communications.
Tri-City does not cover the costs of relocation fees.
A copy of the full and complete job description is available upon request.