Tri-City is looking for one individual to serve as a Mental Health Worker (MHW) for the Adult Full Service Partnership (FSP) Program. The MHW will appeal to those who are passionate about working with adults with moderate or severe behavioral health challenges at their home, the shelter or elsewhere. This is a field-based position. The MHW will report to a Program Supervisor.
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Assist professional staff by performing routine support services; act as a liaison between department staff, the community and clients;
- Obtaining important information about client background and tracking services provided on a case-by-case or group basis;
- Identifying client needs and assisting in meeting needs through referral to various Tri-City services that are available;
- Work as a partner to guide and provide advocacy and other supportive services; work directly with client’s and family members;
- Conducts formal and informal meetings to provide information to individuals regarding problems involved in daily living and/or job search; interviews clients to gather basic information;
- Responsible for non-billable activities such as non-clinical outreach caseload, group development, implementation and follow-up;
- Ensure and comply with PHI and HIPAA requirements; complete necessary documentation, data entry and participate in a multidisciplinary team; perform other duties as assigned, etc.
High school diploma or equivalency required. One year work experience with people who experience mental illness, substance abuse, or other social issues is preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and have Electronic Health Record and/or Welligent experience.
LICENSE: Must have & maintain a valid Driver’s License, have a satisfactory driving record and meet Agency’s vehicle insurance standards.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered as qualifying. *Candidates may be hired above the minimum salary range depending on qualifications (DOQ).
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Merit Salary Increases: Annually based on performance, budget availability and supervisor approval.
CalPERS Pension: 2% @ 55 for Classic Members and 2% @ 62 for PEPRA Members; employee contributes 7% for Classic and 6.75% for PEPRA. No Social Security.
Vacation: 80 hours per year, increasing with years of service with a maximum of 240 hours; cash out option available.
Sick Leave: Full-Time employees = 88 hours per year with no cap.
Holidays: 10 paid holidays per calendar year plus an additional 16 hours of Floating Holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule: 9/80 or 4/10, where applicable and approved by supervisor. **
Health Insurance: Medical (Kaiser HMO), dental (MetLife PPO) and vision coverage (EyeMed) of which 80% is paid by Tri-City Mental Health Services (TCMHS).
Life Insurance: Paid at one and a half times annual salary, paid by Tri-City MHS with additional optional coverage available.
Deferred Compensation (457b): Available to interested employees; no employer match.
Additional Optional Benefits: EAP, FSA, STD/LTD & ADD, Bilingual Incentive Pay, On Call Pay, Employee Referral Fee Program, Loan Forgiveness, Credit Union available through CU of So Cal, paid time off for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and more.
**Availability of flexible schedule and days of regular day off is dependent upon the needs of the Department and approval from Management.
REQUEST FOR ACCCOMODATION: Tri-City Mental Health Services will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Tri-City Human Resources Department may contact candidates via email or phone. Please pay attention to both forms of communication as information regarding application status may be made by email or phone.
Tri-City does not cover the cost of relocation fees.
Full job description available upon request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.