Tri-City is actively recruiting for one (1) special individual to serve as a Quality Improvement Specialist II for the Quality Assurance (QA) Team within the Best Practices Department. The Quality Improvement Specialist II will report to the Quality Improvement Supervisor.
This position is responsible for a variety of ongoing responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Develop, implement and oversee QA practices, policies and procedures to comply with specified County, State and Federal laws and regulations;
- Review charts, Electronic Health Records (EHR) medical records, and reports prepared by staff; conduct random chart reviews consisting of at least a 5% sampling on a quarterly basis utilizing audit tool(s);
- Coordinate, involve, and train appropriate staff in the process of chart reviews;
- Create and maintain internal quality assurance bulletin and provide this information to clinical program leadership and staff on a monthly or quarterly basis; maintain and archive external quality assurance bulletins and documents through tracking system;
- Facilitate quality assurance meetings, workshops, and committees, as needed, in order to enhance documentation quality;
- Compile, monitor and report performance outcomes related to compliance and provide support to clinical department with outcome measures and general support with quality assurance performance measures; perform other duties as required.
Complete Job Description available upon request.
With EHR focus: The incumbent will have a Master’s degree in business, clinical work, marriage and family counseling, psychology or related field; three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in public sector mental health service delivery or three to five years of experience with electronic health records; and familiarity with LA County DMH billing system.
With Clinical Experience: The incumbent will have a masters in clinical social work, marriage and family counseling, psychology or related field; two or more years of increasingly responsible experience in public sector mental health service delivery; proficiency in Los Angeles Department of Mental Health (DMH) compliance standards, experience with audits and audit preparation. Experience training staff on DMH documentation policies and billing standards. Quality Improvement experience in relation to compliance and quality assurance: track, compile, evaluate and analyze data.
Electronic Health Record experience is preferred. Microsoft Office experience is required.
LICENSE: Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record and current, valid automobile insurance.
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge, abilities and skills may be considered as qualifying. *Candidates may be hired above the minimum salary range depending on qualifications (DOQ).
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Merit Salary Increases: Annually based on performance, budget availability and supervisor approval.
CalPERS Pension: 2% @ 55 for Classic Members and 2% @ 62 for PEPRA Members; employee contributes 7% for Classic and 6.75% for PEPRA. No Social Security.
Vacation: 80 hours per year, increasing with years of service with a maximum of 240 hours; cash out option available.
Sick Leave: Full-Time employees = 88 hours per year with no cap.
Holidays: 10 paid holidays per calendar year plus an additional 16 hours of Floating Holidays.
Flexible Work Schedule: 9/80 or 4/10, where applicable and approved by supervisor. **
Health Insurance: Medical (Kaiser HMO), dental (MetLife PPO) and vision coverage (EyeMed) of which 80% is paid by Tri-City Mental Health Services (TCMHS).
Life Insurance: Paid at one times annual salary, paid by Tri-City MHS with additional optional coverage available.
Deferred Compensation (457b): Available to interested employees; no employer match.
Additional Optional Benefits: EAP, FSA, STD/LTD & ADD, Bilingual Incentive Pay, On Call Pay, Employee Referral Fee Program, Loan Forgiveness, Credit Union available through CU of So Cal, paid time off for Continuing Medical Education (CME) and more.
**Availability of flexible schedule and days of regular day off is dependent upon the needs of the Department and approval from Management.
REQUEST FOR ACCCOMODATION: Tri-City Mental Health Services will make reasonable accommodations in the recruitment process to accommodate disabled applicants. If you are invited to participate in an examination or interview and have a disability for which you require an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tri-City Human Resources Department may contact candidates via email or phone. Please pay attention to both forms of communication as information regarding application status may be made by email or phone.
Tri-City does not cover the cost of relocation fees.
Full job description available upon request. Email email@example.com.