Under the direction of the Information Systems Manager, the Senior Systems Analyst is the technology lead for the planning, design, development, implementation, integration and management of hardware and software applications for the City.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in the planning, organizing, assigning, directing, reviews and evaluates Information Systems staff, subcontractors and activities.
- Assists in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures, and work standards of the department.
- Sets priorities, develops implementations plans and oversees the implementation of Information Systems projects.
- Maintains safe working conditions for the workforce and public.
- Utilize computer technology for work management, information management and communications.
- Confers with and provides technical assistance to members of City departments on various computer, telecommunications and other information systems matters; coordinates activities of the divisions with those of other departments and agencies.
- Conducts or directs studies; develops and reviews reports of findings, alternatives and recommendations; directs the maintenance, upgrades and enhancements of the City’s computer, telecommunications and information systems and prepares a variety of periodic and special reports regarding assigned responsibilities.
- Represents the City in meeting with representatives of governmental agencies, professional, business and community organizations and the public; handles complaints and inquiries.
- Works closely with other members of the City’s Management teams to provide coordinated and supportive approach to service delivery.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience that has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge and abilities described. A typical means of acquiring the essential knowledge and abilities is a combination of education and experience equivalent to:
- Education and training equivalent to an AA/AS degree in computer science or related field, ten (10) years’ experience in information systems management, systems analysis/design, network design/support, project management and programming.
- Special knowledge of Transaction Processing systems support, Mobile Computer Terminal application support, Computer to Computer inter-systems communications, Computer Aided Dispatching, Emergency 911 and Records Management Systems requirements and functions, and general computer network experience.
- Experienced in Linux variations, TCP/IP, and Ethernet transport protocols like EIGRP and BGP.
- Experienced in MS Windows 2007, 2010, etc. Active Directory and Domain structures, MS SQL server, MS Exchange.
- Experienced in the use of various diagnostic tools including but not limited to: Sniffer, What’s up, LANguard, HP TopTools, HP NetRaid tools, Network Associates / McAfee E-Policy Orchestrator anti-virus utility.
- Experienced in backup and recovery processes for raw files, MS Exchange and MS SQL server.
- Experienced in both hardware installation and configuration of various CISCO networking products including but not limited to: Nexus series routers, 4500 series routers, 4321 series routers, catalyst series switches, ASA firewalls and VPN concentrators.
Ability to: Plan, organize, assign, direct, review and evaluate information systems and related computer and telecommunications technology; design, develop and implement computer projects, analyze problems, evaluate alternatives and make creative recommendations; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Planning and implementing computer conversions and projects.
- Determining user requirements and formulating balanced solutions that take into account current and future needs, priorities, cost-benefits, and other available resources.
- Leading complex projects and budgeting for those projects, including delineating their scope, preparing work plans, resolving conflicts, and overseeing implementation steps.
- Participates in project reporting process.
- Maintaining a customer service orientation with city departments and active liaisons with counterparts in the public, private and professional sectors.
Must possess a valid Class “C” California Driver’s License and have a satisfactory driving record.
Retirement: CalPERS enrollment in either 2% @ 60 (Classic Employees) or the new 2% @ 62 (New Employee) formula is dependent on the individual’s eligibility, as per AB 340. The City does not participate in Social Security therefore there are no Social Security tax deductions (except 1.45% Medicare).
Life Insurance: Premium is paid by the City. Life insurance and AD&D is equal to $100,000 each. Long-term and short-term disability insurance premium is shared by the City and employee. Additional voluntary supplemental life insurance is available.
Medical/Dental: The City provides up to $2,000/month to purchase medical, dental and vision benefits.
Leaves: 8 hours of sick leave/month with no limit on accumulation; 10 days of vacation per year for the first three years of service; 11 paid holidays per year plus 3 floating holidays.
Other: Educational Reimbursement for approved coursework; 9/80 work schedule, with alternate Fridays off. Deferred Compensation Plan available.
Application and resume should be completed on-line via the CalOpps website.
* Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Once a sufficient number of qualified applications are received the recruitment may close without notice. *
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Application and resume will be reviewed and evaluated using, in part, the criteria contained in this posting.
The selection process may consist of one or more of the following components: a written exam, an oral interview, and medical exam. Only a limited number of persons whose application materials clearly demonstrate that they meet the needs of the City in terms of training, experience, education, and other job related characteristics will be invited to participate in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the process.
Applicants who are invited to continue in the selection process will be notified by e-mail. Successful candidates’ names will be placed on an employment eligibility list. The eligibility list will remain in effect for a minimum of one year from the date the list is established. Additional vacancies that occur for this classification may be hired from the list.
The City of Union City provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you will need reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the selection process.
The City of Union City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.