Under the direction of the Aquatics Coordinator and the Pool Manager, the Senior Guard assists with the responsibilities of the Pool Manger. Must possess a current Water Safety Instructor’s certificate.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- Assuming the responsibilities of the Pool Manager in their absence.
- Performing duties as assigned by the Pool Manager in the supervision of the pool.
- Provide direction to the pool staff.
- Assist Pool Manager with training, supervision, and evaluation of aquatics staff.
- Schedule, plan, implement, and evaluate the “Learn-To-Swim” program.
- Assign instructors to necessary tasks.
- Participate and assist in special projects as assigned.
- Perform all tasks and assignments as assigned by the Pool Manager.
- Attend all mandatory trainings and meetings.
- Assist in any emergency as trained.
- One year of aquatic experience and leadership preferred.
- Current Red Cross Certifications in: Water Safety Instructor, Community First Aid and Safety, CPR for the Professional Rescuer (CPR/FPR), all guidelines outlined in Title 22 preferred.
- Candidates are strongly encouraged to possess the Instructor level or Lifeguard Instructor (ICT or LGI) American Red Cross certification.
Application should be completed on-line via the CalOpps website.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Application materials will be reviewed and evaluated using, in part, the criteria contained in this brochure.
The selection process may consist of one or more of the following components: a written exam, an oral interview, and medical exam. Only a limited number of persons whose application materials clearly demonstrate that they meet the needs of the City in terms of training, experience, education, and other job related characteristics will be invited to participate in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the process.
Applicants who are invited to continue in the selection process will be notified by e-mail. Successful candidates’ names will be placed on an employment eligibility list. The eligibility list will remain in effect for a minimum of one year from the date the list is established. Additional vacancies that occur for this classification may be hired from the list.
The City of Union City provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you will need reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the selection process.
The City of Union City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.