This position is best suited for energetic, health and fitness minded candidates who enjoy interacting with the public and enjoy helping others.
Essential Job Functions (including but not limited to):
- greeting and assisting members and visitors
- providing high levels of customer service
- providing fitness tours
- set-up, take down and clean-up of classes
- issuing and collecting equipment
- providing basic operational instruction of fitness equipment
- monitoring safety
- maintaining accurate records
- completing daily cleaning and sanitizing duties
- Must be at least 18 years old
- A minimum of 1 semester or quarter of higher education credits
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License
- Experience or education in field of fitness and health is highly desirable, as well as previous experience in customer service
Application should be completed on-line via the CalOpps website.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. Application materials will be reviewed and evaluated using, in part, the criteria contained in this brochure.
The selection process may consist of one or more of the following components: a written exam, an oral interview, and medical exam. Only a limited number of persons whose application materials clearly demonstrate that they meet the needs of the City in terms of training, experience, education, and other job related characteristics will be invited to participate in the selection process. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to participate in the process.
Applicants who are invited to continue in the selection process will be notified by e-mail. Successful candidates’ names will be placed on an employment eligibility list. The eligibility list will remain in effect for a minimum of one year from the date the list is established. Additional vacancies that occur for this classification may be hired from the list.
The City of Union City provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request. Please contact the Human Resources Department if you will need reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the selection process.
The City of Union City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.