This particular recruitment is for a Strength Trainer
Experienced and passionate group exercise instructors and personal trainers are needed to teach group fitness classes, dance fitness classes, yoga classes, fitness orientations, and personal training sessions to individuals of all ages.
- 1-4 hours per week as needed.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES (illustrative only):
- Instruct 1 hour personal training, strength training, cardio training, dance, or specialized exercise for Union City Community & Recreation Services.
- Deliver exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper of exercise technique when promoting services, instructing classes, or personal training sessions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18+ years old.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES:
- Finger printing, current TB Test, CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications.
- Possession of a current group exercise and/or personal training certifications prior to beginning instruction.
The selection process may consist of, but limited to one or more of the following components:
- Screening for Best Qualified
- Supplemental Questionnaire
- Written Exam
- Performance Exam
- Oral Interview
Resumes may not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Applicants who are invited to continue in the selection process will be notiﬁed by e-mail. Successful candidates’ names will be placed on an employment eligibility list. The eligibility list will remain in effect for a minimum of one year from the date the list is established. Additional vacancies that occur for this classiﬁcation may be hired from the list.
The City of Union City provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request. Please contact the Human Resources Department (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you will need reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the selection process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The City of Union City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.