Under general supervision, the Recreation Leader provides recreation leadership, supervision, and assistance in various recreation programs related to aquatics, preschool, playground, after school programs, parks, teens, sports, special events, and senior citizen activities.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES (illustrative only):
- Direct and instruct Recreation Aides and volunteers in recreation activities and programs including but are not limited to preschool, day camps, teens, sports, special events, and senior activities.
- Conduct and guide a variety of recreational activities for a wide range of ages.
- Supervise participants to promote a fun, safe, and secure environment.
- Maintain order at assigned site and assist in ensuring adherence to Department rules and regulations.
Must be at least 18 years old.
Must be available for 4-8 hours shifts Monday - Friday, between the hours of 7 AM- 5:30 PM.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
Possess a valid California Driver’s License is desirable.
CPR/ First Aid certification by their first day of employment (training for certification will be provided by City of Union City upon employment).
The selection process may consist of, but limited to one or more of the following components:
- Screening for Best Qualified
- Supplemental Questionnaire
- Written Exam
- Performance Exam
- Oral Interview
Resumes may not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Applicants who are invited to continue in the selection process will be notiﬁed by e-mail. Successful candidates’ names will be placed on an employment eligibility list. The eligibility list will remain in effect for a minimum of one year from the date the list is established. Additional vacancies that occur for this classiﬁcation may be hired from the list.
The City of Union City provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, upon request. Please contact the Human Resources Department (email@example.com) if you will need reasonable accommodation for any aspect of the selection process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The City of Union City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity at all levels of its workforce.