Teacher’s Aide Qualifications:
Must be at least 18 years old, or a high school graduate, or in a high school occupational program.
The aides report to the Teachers, the Director and the Assistant Director.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
1. An aide shall only work under the direct supervision of a teacher, and cannot be left alone with groups of children except under the following circumstances: An aide may watch napping children and may escort children as individuals and as a group.
2. Supervise and insure the safety and well-being of the children at all times, being alert for the needs and/or problems of the children as individuals and as a group.
3. Assist assigned teacher in any way possible including the following:
a. Prepare a daily activity
b. Prepare and serve snack
c. As directed by the teacher, implement the daily program.
d. As directed by the teacher, assist with portfolio collections.
e. As directed by the teacher, help with classroom décor.
f. Keep bathrooms, storage rooms, kitchen, and classroom neat, clean, and orderly.
4. If qualified, may assume temporary responsibilities of a teacher in the absence of the teacher.
5. Attend all after hour staff and parent meetings or special events.
6. Be familiar with and follow all preschool policies and procedures.
7. Once Teacher Aide has worked/substituted in classroom for 3 months or 120 hrs with 12+units in ECE they are eligible for a secondary pay rate as Teacher.
Only applicants with minimum 6 ECE/CD units will be considered for this position.
Ability to attain CPR, First Aid & AED certifications prior to first day of program. Must possess a valid California Driver’s License.
($11.00 - $12.59 per hour; 15+ hours per week, Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 12 p.m. or 3 p.m. – 6 p.m.)