The City of Winters seeks an enthusiastic individual for a part-time Instructional Aid for the Summer Munchkin Camp.
Examples of Duties: duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Under supervision of the Site Coordinator and Program Coordinator. Instructional Aide will provide learning experiences for students in assigned areas, provide a variety of clerical and supportive tasks for coordinator and students. Instructional Aides operate in a classroom alone with 15-25 students daily.
• Presentation of learning materials
• Tutors small groups of students while keeping an eye on the rest of the class
• Monitors and assists students in activities such as homework, recreation and enrichment
• Oversees and supervises students during after school program activities and on field trips
• Reads to students, explains words and meanings, rephrases materials and provide similar learning examples
• Takes attendance and maintains a variety of reports and records
• Observes students and maintains discipline
• Assists students
• Muli-tasks within the classroom
• Finds reference material and utilizes resources
• Accompanies students on field trips
• Assists in the preparation of material, follows schedules and calendars provided
• Communicates with parents and students to facilitate understanding of instructional materials or programs
• To assure the effective functioning of the program, other reasonable duties may be assigned
The ideal candidate is responsible, energetic, organized, self-motivated and multi-tasker who can watch a class of students while assisting one student with homework or preparing the next activity. The Instructional Aid is single handedly in charge of 15-25 students for 3-5 hours a day, keeping them on safe, on task and having fun.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade
Pass District's proficiency test in English
Upon selection, additional requirements include:
• Tuberculosis test
• Fingerprint clearance (Department of Justice background check)
Only on-line applications via CalOpps will be accepted. Visit the City of Winters website at www.cityofwinters.org or www.calopps.org to apply. Incomplete and/or inaccurate application materials may result in disqualification from the examination process. Only those candidates most qualified will be invited to an interview. Verification of other required documentation may be required at a later date.
$13.00 per hour - Part-Time - No Benefits
The City of Winters is an Equal Opportunity/ADA employer. Reasonable accommodation in the application, examination, and selection process will be made upon request to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time - no benefits