Under the direct supervision of the Aquatic Supervisor and the Aquatic Coordinator, the Pool Manager provides supervision of pool activities, pool staff, American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Program, and assigns work schedules to staff. Some evening and weekend hours are required. Training, pre-season preparation and post-season evaluations require additional time. Mandatory pre-season manager training and all staff in-service training sessions will be held prior to the season beginning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervises activities including, but not limited to, scheduling of staff for all aquatic programming, enforces pool rules and regulations; supervises staff and participants; rescues persons in distress and renders First Aid /CPR when necessary; maintains pool records and reports; including program registration and safety reports; follows City policies and procedures; and performs other assigned duties, as required.
- At least three years prior experience as a Lifeguard or Instructor, including experience in supervising, and organizing pool operations.
- Supervision of aquatic staff and day to day aquatic activities.
- Aquatic safety techniques and emergency protocol.
- Customer relations and money handling, and pool policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate all Lifeguard Training skills.
- Proficiently swim and demonstrate swimming skills.
- Experience in dealing with conflict resolution, particularly when dealing with peers in a work environment.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Work with other people contacted in the course of work.
Education and Certifications:
- High School Diploma
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training with CPR and First Aid (or equivalent)
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (or equivalent)
- Ability to obtain First Aid for Public Safety Personnel (Title 22 equivalent)
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Trainer certification is highly desirable
$15.00-$16.00 per hour - Scale based on experience, years of service, and certifications.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR POOL MANAGER POSITIONS
The City of Woodland’s Community Services Department is accepting applications for employment. The filing deadline is April 24, 2019 at 5 pm. Applications will be screened for experience and certifications. Resumes are encouraged, but must be accompanied by a Parks and Recreation temporary part-time employment application.
Community Services Department
2001 East Street
Woodland, CA, 95776
Phone: (530) 661-2000
The pay cycle is monthly. Payday is the last working day of the month. With the exception of Worker’s Compensation Coverage, no other benefits are provided. Employees must contribute 1.45% of salary to Medicare and 7.5% to a retirement plan in accordance with Federal Law.
All positions are temporary part-time, usually offering 15-35 hours per week during the 2019 Aquatic season June through August 2019, Sunday through Saturday between the hours of 6 am and 10 pm.
The ability to speak and understand Spanish is a desirable qualification for all positions.
The City of Woodland hires only US citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
The City of Woodland is an equal opportunity employer
For more information, contact Aquatic Supervisor, Brad Petersen at (530) 661-2000