Under the general supervision, the Swim Instructor’s Aide assists in teaching swim lessons to persons of all ages. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. Mandatory pre-season in-service training sessions will be held in June.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Assist in developing lesson plans for assigned aquatic activities; assists in maintaining pool records and reports, including program registration, and safety reports; renders First Aid /CPR when necessary; assists in the teaching swimming lessons to participants of all ages; follow City policies and procedures; and performs other assigned duties, as assigned.
- At least 14 years of age
- No prior experience necessary.
- Recommended exposure to: swimming lessons instruction or working with young people in an organized environment, and/or participation in the Junior Lifeguard program.
- The City Of Woodlands Swim Lesson Program and basic pool policies and procedures.
- Communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Work well with other people in the course of employment.
- Proficiently swim and demonstrate swimming skills.
Education & Certifications:
- Standard First Aid, CPR in adult, child, and infant (or equivalent)
- American Red Cross Water Safety Aide is recommended
- Exposure to American Red Cross Lifeguard Training is desirable.
$13.00 - $14.00 per hour - Scale based on experience and years of service.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR SWIM INSTRUCTOR’S AIDE POSITIONS
The City of Woodland’s Community Services Department is accepting applications for employment. The filing deadline is April 16, 2020 at 5 pm. Applications will be screened for experience and certifications. Interviews will be conducted April 17 through April 24, 2020.
Community Services Department
2001 East Street
Woodland, CA, 95776
Phone: (530) 661-2000
The pay cycle is monthly. Payday is the last working day of the month. With the exception of Worker’s Compensation Coverage, no other benefits are provided. Employees must contribute 1.45% of salary to Medicare and 7.5% to a retirement plan in accordance with Federal Law.
All positions are temporary part-time, usually offering 15-35 hours per week during the 2020 Aquatic season June through August 2020, Sunday through Saturday between the hours of 6 am and 9 pm.
Temporary employees work no more than 130 hours in a month and 960 hours in a Fiscal Year.
THE ABILITY TO SPEAK AND UNDERSTAND SPANISH IS A DESIRABLE QUALIFICATION FOR ALL POSITIONS.
The City of Woodland hires only US citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States.
The City of Woodland is an equal opportunity employer
For more information, contact Recreation Supervisor, Brad Petersen at (530) 661-2000