Yuba County is recruiting for a Public Health Officer - Physician. The Public Health Officer provides overall medical direction and guidance for Public Health, a division of the Heath and Humans Services Department. Responsibilities will include assisting in planning, directing, reviewing and evaluating public health programs and obtaining a national public health accreditation status; provide program planning, oversight, technical assistance, review and evaluation to improve the health status of the local community. This position will serve as the department and County liaison with other County departments, service providers and funding sources for public health programs. The ideal candidate will exhibit a dedication to Public Service with strong communication skills, with a creative problem solving approach and excellent interpersonal skills. The future Health Officer will be partnered with a PhD health administrator, allowing the PHO to focus on public initiatives. This position is appointed by the Board of Supervisors.
- M.D. or D.O. degree, MPH preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid California Medical License
- Experience in health-care administration or management of a medical, public or mental health care program or research project
Annual Base Salary (based on experience): $178,188 – $231,648
- Complete benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, LTD, EAP, and Deferred Comp
- CalPERS Pension Plan
- CME Stipend/Reimbursement, Vehicle Allowance, Cell Phone, Relocation/Sign on Bonus/Retention Incentive
Interested candidates should submit CV and contact information to: (Please include both contacts.)
President, Physician Leadership Division
The Medicus Firm
Senior Executive Research Consultant, Physician Leadership Division
The Medicus Firm
(214) 272-2490 / Cell: (817) 965-4800 (Available until 9:30 PM CST on cell)
If warranted by the number of applicants, applications may be reviewed by a screening panel. If utilized, the screening panel will select those most qualified to be considered for further participation in the selection process.