The City of Campbell, centrally located in the Santa Clara Valley, 50 miles south of San Francisco, and bordered by San Jose, Los Gatos, and Saratoga, was founded in 1846 by Benjamin Campbell. It was incorporated as a General Law City in 1952 and has a Council/Manager form of government. City departments, in addition to the City Manager’s Office, include Police, Public Works, Community Development, Finance, and Recreation and Community Services.
Campbell is a suburban community with a population of 42,584 across six square miles and a balance of land uses – commercial, industrial, and quality housing – within its six square miles. Local schools are operated under the Campbell Union Elementary School District and the Campbell Union High School District – both well respected districts.