Search for positions by entering key words in search box below. Use left side navigation to filter by Region, Job Category, Job Type or Salary.
The Facilities Design and Construction Supervisor II will be a member of the Public Works Department and reports to the Facilities and Real Property Manager. Public Works is responsible for the daily maintenance and upkeep of city infrastructure and design and construction of new or improved public facilities. Key responsibilities of the Facilities Design and Construction Supervisor include project management, liaison, inspection, and contract administration for the design, construction, and modification of over 150 City buildings and structures.
The successful candidate will analyze departmental needs relating to moderate size facilities design and construction projects, and be responsible to develop project scope; prepare budgets and schedules; coordinate the planning and program administration of the design and construction projects; prepare accurate cost estimates; investigate, research, and evaluate a wide spectrum of technical problems and develop solutions; provide guidance, advice, and assistance to registered professional consultants related to the approach, development, and execution of design solutions; negotiate contracts for consultant services; prepare bid packages; oversee bidding process; be responsible for construction contract execution; oversee contractors; coordinate with various other city departments and public agencies for approval and inspections; and project closeout.
This full-time temporary position has an expected duration of 12 months.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Develop project scope, design elements, cost estimates, budget, funding and schedules for a variety of municipal facilities improvements projects.
- Manage consultant and contractor selection process and participate as a member of consultant selection committees; responsible for fee negotiations and approval of contracts.
- Provide and oversee the production of sketches, drawings, construction documents, specifications, and reports necessary for a contractor to bid and accurately build approved projects.
- Inspect or review work under construction to ensure that new construction and alteration work being done by contractors complies with plans, specifications and codes.
- Assure projects are kept within approved budgets and on their approved schedules.
- Manage and administer all aspects of building construction, modification, or maintenance projects for City buildings, from preliminary design through project closeout.
- Identify and manage responses to CEQA, ADA, energy conservation, and other special requirements.