The District was formed in 1948 as County Sanitation District No. 4 of Santa Clara County under the provisions of the California County Sanitation District Act. In 1988 the District changed its name to West Valley Sanitation District of Santa Clara County, to reflect its geographical service area. The District provides high quality wastewater collection and disposal services for residents and businesses in our service area. The District is committed to quality, thoroughness, and personal service.